Details: This is a full time, 37.5 hour per week, benefitted position which includes generous paid time off. Starting pay range is $22.50-$25.03/hour DOQ.
Michael’s Place provides transitional housing in a clinical setting to 18 homeless male veterans struggling with addiction disorders and/or mental health issues. The focus of the program is to assist veterans in finding a permanent place to call home while providing treatment for mental health and addiction issues. The program is funded through a Grant Per Diem contract with the Veterans Administration.
The Mental Health Professional works independently and as part of a team to provide, individual psychotherapy, group therapy and ongoing case management services to veterans who are homeless and have mental health/substance use disorders. The position will also assist veterans in obtaining and maintaining permanent housing and connecting to resources that will enable them to stay stably housed.
- Meet or exceed qualifications for Mental Health Professional (as defined by WAC 388-877: a person with a Master’s in Social Work, OR with a Master’s degree in one of the social sciences along with two years of experience in direct services under the direct supervision of a mental health professional.
- Registered Washington State Counselor
- Experience with the U. S. Armed Forces.
- Ability to work both as a member of a team and independently.
- Reliable transportation, driver’s license, insurance and driving record that that meets CCS Employee Driving Policy requirement for driving agency vehicle and/or transporting clients.
- Experience with crisis intervention.
- Commitment to working within mission, goals and objectives of Catholic Community Services.
- At least one year’s experience in working with individuals with substance use disorders.
- Certified as a Chemical Dependency Professional (or Trainee).
Medical, Dental, Vision, EAP, LTD, ADD, Pension, 403b, Vacation, Sick Leave, Holiday/Floating Holiday pay,
Minimum Education Required