Position: Director of Grants Administration
The Yawkey Foundation, Dedham, Massachusetts
Reports to: Chief Program Officer
The Yawkey Foundation is currently considering candidates for the position of Director of Grants Administration to support operations for more than $20 million in annual grantmaking and related philanthropic programs. The role entails acting as a liaison across the Foundation’s Officers (CEO, CFO/COO, CPO, and CIO) and other stakeholders to ensure the quality, timeliness, consistency, and compliance with all aspects of grants processing and management. In addition to overseeing and driving the grants management process and integrating its work with the technical, legal, financial, and administrative components of the grant-making process, the candidate will assist in training and supervising support staff to deepen the Foundation’s capabilities to improve operational efficiency. Candidates should have a proven track record in complex database operations, a high-degree of attention to detail, demonstrated professionalism and discretion, experience in financial and budget reporting, and philanthropic program exposure that includes program administration, development, execution, and measurement. Experience with Blackbaud a plus.
I. Grantmaking Operations
- Provide operational, administrative, and project management support to Grants Team, CFO/COO, and CEO to further the Foundation’s grantmaking impact, reputation, efficiency and compliance.
- Serve as in-house expert administering the Foundation’s grants database for a robust grantmaking program that entails a multistep application process for six Areas of Giving and three different Grant Types.
- Coordinate seamless interface and accurate processing between the grants database and payment system.
- Ensure that record-keeping and internal/external documentation around the grantmaking procedures are clear, comprehensive, organized, accessible and complete.
- Support relationships among nonprofits and grantees with guidance on the Foundation’s guidelines, process, agreements and reporting requirements.
- Oversee coordination and distribution-readiness of Grants Committee and Board Meeting materials, including Powerpoint and Diligent books.
II. Information Technology & Administrative Responsibilities
- Draft and generate correspondences from the Foundation and its Officers to nonprofits and other influential stakeholders.
- Coordinate communications, activations and visibility opportunities that amplify the Foundation’s philanthropic partnerships.
- Monitor, maintain quality-control, and propose new content to ensure the Foundation’s website messaging is accurate, timely, and responsive to the needs of website visitors.
- Oversee validation, reconciliation, and periodic analyses of invoices from key Grants Department vendors to ensure alignment to budget, services rendered, and timely payments.
- Participate in training and supervision of support staff in order to deepen Foundation’s capabilities for key deliverables and functions aligned with the Foundation’s operations.
- Provide administrative and technical support for Grants Team, Officers, and Trustees for select meetings.
- Serve as back-up to Office Manager for phones and visitors.
- Other duties as may be required from time to time for efficient and smooth office operations.
Qualifications and Skills:
- High level of proficiency and experience in database management, including coding, data entry, dashboard maintenance, and report generation from grantmaking (or related) systems.
- Experience in compliance and disclosure-related matters.
- Strong experience demonstrating effective, professional, and considerate interpersonal communications.
- Familiarity with Guidestar, Diligent, Great Plains and Blackbaud a plus.
For more information about the Yawkey Foundation, please visit www.yawkeyfoundation.org
Qualified candidates are invited to please send their resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 15, 2021. All inquiries and referrals should be sent to the Foundation via email at email@example.com
Yawkey Foundation is a committed equal opportunity employer.