Details: CASEL offers a competitive compensation package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, LTD, 401K with company match, PTO, Holidays, commensurate with experience.
CASEL’s Director of Field Learning will be responsible for overseeing the identification and capture of essential learning about district and school SEL implementation from partner districts and schools. In collaboration with colleagues from product development, research and the practice team, the Director of Field Learning will support the translation of the essential information into practical applications for the field.
1. CONTENT REVIEW:
Develop systems and oversee a thorough review and analysis of existing CASEL resources (District Resource Center, School Guide) to support systemic SEL
● Identify gaps in knowledge and resources to support systemic district and schoolwide SEL implementation
● Analyze, summarize and incorporate key learnings and SEL best practices from partner and non-partner districts
● Lead the translation of field-based, practitioner learning into actionable and practical knowledge and resources for the broader field of social and emotional learning. This translation may include the creation of new resources, practice briefs, training modules, videos, webinars, or other courses to support SEL implementation
● Oversee the development of state-of-the-field learning reports on key topics (equity, adult SEL, academic integration) that will inform resources, products, and presentations
● Oversee the SEL resource and engagement analysis (SELREA) process and reporting with districts wanting review and consultation on their current engagement and needs regarding SEL implementation.
● Collaborate with and advise the product development team to develop, validate, and implement new resources.
2. PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT & LEARNING TOOL DEVELOPMENT:
Oversee the development of cutting-edge professional development and learning tools to support teachers, school personnel, and district personnel to implement SEL and maximize benefits for students.
● Oversee the development of a series of professional learning opportunities for the DRC and SG designed to support district leaders and educators in using CASEL’s district and school resources. These may include in-person events, online modules, videos, and webinars.
● Collaborate with CDI (Collaborating Districts Initiative and CSI (Collaborating States Initiative) team to develop professional learning content and delivery system for state-based networked districts
3. FIELD LEARNING:
Oversee the process for content vetting and review for CASEL products such as, but not limited to, the following:
- Refinement and Oversight of the District Resource Center (DRC) and CASEL Guide to Schoolwide SEL (SG):
○ Work with product development and subject matter experts on the development of new products, frameworks, and tools from conception to implementation.
○ Make ongoing content revisions based on user feedback and expert reviews
○ Develop a content review/rating system
○ Develop new tools and write additional content as demands arise in collaboration with the CASEL product development team
○ Collaborate with districts and schools to curate high quality SEL tools and artifacts, and work with legal departments to ensure permissions and agreements on use
○ Collaborate with product development team to inform practical user interface and functionality to optimize accessibility and use
B. Development of the CASEL SEL Consultant Playbook and training modules
○ Oversee Content Review Process for document to codify SEL consulting best practices
○ Work with a team of consultants on the development of new products, frameworks, and tools from conception to implementation.
○ Make ongoing revisions based on user feedback and expert reviews
○ Oversee editing and development of tools and content
○ Collaborate with the CASEL product development team on the design of this tool
C. Project Direction
○ Direct and assign activities for projects and initiatives
○ Prepare status reports for CASEL staff and other project stakeholders such as districts or funders
○ Oversee project budget, including direct expenditures and payouts to other entities
○ Accurately assess the needs of schools, districts, and consultants in order to provide tools, information, and professional learning to address those needs and coordinate with the product development and other relevant stakeholders as needed to develop deliverables
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
● Bachelor’s degree; Master’s preferred.
● 5 years+ district leadership experience or experience as a educator/school leader
● Expertise in preK-12 education, school climate and culture, and social and emotional learning
● Experience planning and implementing professional development, understanding of adult learning best practices
● Ability to create user-friendly tools to support SEL best practices
● Ability to communicate well with educators at all levels including state DOE, superintendents, district administrators and principals
● Strong leadership skills for effective management of diverse teams to stay motivated and supported to accomplish complex project
● Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, in order to effectively and efficiently explain, document, and disseminate information about progress and goals
● Eagerness and capacity to learn comprehensive and complex information in a short amount of time
● Multi-tasking skills in order to manage multiple, simultaneous projects, activities, and budgets
● Strong problem solving/conflict resolution skills to advance work effectively overcoming obstacles and difficulties that may arise within a team
● Meticulous time management and organizational skills to accurately and efficiently plan, schedule and adjust accordingly to meet deadlines
● Precise budgeting and mathematical skills to keep and maintain an accurate and reliable budget
● Experience working with diverse populations is required
● Commitment to CASEL’s mission and SEL development for every student
● The desire to work in a highly collaborative, entrepreneurial environment where taking initiative, working well in teams of internal and external colleagues, and perseverance in the face of challenges is a must
CASEL offers a competitive compensation package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, LTD, 401K with company match, PTO, Holidays, commensurate with experience.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email a thoughtful cover letter and resume by June 30, 2018 outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position and stating how you heard about this opportunity to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position title in the subject line of your email message. We regret that we will not be able to respond to phone inquiries about this position.