Details: Compensation Dependent Upon Experience
1450 Rollins Road
Peninsula Humane Society & SPCA
Peninsula Humane Society & SPCA opened its doors in 1950 and serves the San Mateo County community with the following services: animal adoptions, lost and found, animal control, cruelty investigation, community outreach/education, wildlife rehabilitation, spay/neuter, pet loss support groups, and our Hope Program that helps the neediest shelter animals with medical and/or behavioral problems. The Peninsula Humane Society & SPCA is a private, nonprofit animal welfare organization. Our mission, guided by the humane ethic, is to build healthy relationships between people and animals.
Are you an Administrative Professional who would like to work for an organization that helps rescue, adopt and love the most vulnerable animals in our county? Are you passionate about animal welfare and helping to find their forever homes? Would you like to make a difference in the community and the lives of animals and people? Are you looking for a career with a fast-paced team who is always on the move? Come join our Development & Planned Giving team at the Peninsula Humane Society & SPCA! Be a part of an organization where all employees are passionate about what they do and truly care about the organization’s mission, who not only consider themselves animal lovers, but also “people” people.
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic, motivated, self-sufficient candidate who has great attention to detail, strong leadership and donor relation skills with a passion for driving success for a nonprofit organization. The qualified Fundraising Manager will be responsible for annual fund programs, grant writing, budgeting, and donor relations.
Essential Duties Responsibilities:
Other duties may be assigned.
· Assist the Senior Vice President of Development, Planned Giving & Community Engagement with solicitations, donor cultivation, reports, preparation of budget, research, and clerical duties related to a smooth functioning development department.
· Train and supervise development staff and volunteers.
· Work with direct marketing firm on strategizing, mail schedules, file requests, segmentations, email and mail solicitations, identifying animal stories, etc.
· Responsible for Annual Fund programs, including:
o Wish lists and in-kind gift acknowledgements
o Tribute gift program
o Car donation program
o Donor naming opportunities
o Matching gift program
o Monthly giving program
o Maintaining/creating online donation forms and relationship with online retailers
· Research and apply for grants and prepare resulting reports.
· Donor cultivation, including giving tours and presentations to donors.
· Contribute to newsletter, website, social media, and various forms of communication by writing articles, submitting donor lists, etc.
· Responsible for monthly donor e-newsletter.
· Prepare various Development reports.
· Responsible for overall maintenance and integrity of donor information, queries, and reports in the database.
· Oversee gift processing from entering gifts to thank you letters.
· Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field; or five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
· Ability to speak effectively before groups of donors or potential donors.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office and preferably Raiser’s Edge (and/or other development software) software.
- Must be able to lift up to 25lbs from ground to waist
- Individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Title: Fundraising Manager
Division: Development, Planned Giving & Community Engagement
Reports To: Senior Vice President, Development, Planned Giving & Community Engagement
FLSA Status: Full Time, Exempt
Excellent Benefits Package Available
For more information about our available job opportunities and how to apply, please visit our website at www.peninsulahumanesociety.org/careers
The Peninsula Humane Society & SPCA is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. EOE/M/F/D/V
Excellent benefits package available
Minimum Education Required