ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Board of Directors of the Pacific Center for Human Growth (the Center) seeks an engaged leader to serve as Executive Director (E.D.). The Center has been providing mental health and wellness services for over 45 years; we are proud of our history, and we are looking for an E.D. who will lead us into our future, which includes prioritizing diversity, equity, and inclusion and expanding our reach/growing our capacity to serve our community.
BIPOC, LGBTQ+ and Multilingual candidates highly encouraged to apply
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Mission, Vision & Leadership: Translate the mission, vision, and values of the Center into realistic goals, objectives, and actions. Demonstrates a sophisticated understanding of how race and gender dynamics impact supervisory relationships, organizational culture, partnerships, and can demonstrate a history of successfully intervening in problematic dynamics and deepening a racial justice approach within an organization, team, or fundraising campaign.
- Staff Management & Human Resources: Maintain and enhance a workplace culture, management processes, and best practices that support the continued recruitment, retention, and growth of a talented, productive, and inclusive staff. Supervise the Director of Clinical Services, Director of Diversity Equity & Inclusion, Director of Community Programs, and Finance Director. An emotionally intelligent, values- and results-driven leader who can inspire staff and collaborate across departments and at all levels of the organization, and provide feedback and coaching to support the achievement of complex goals.
- Program Management & Operational Oversight: Engage sound management practices to ensure excellent service to all clients. Oversee and manage Center operations.
- Grants Management/Fundraising & Community Engagement: Set realistic, ambitious goals and execute sound plans for maintaining and enhancing support from individual donors, foundations, corporations, and government contracts. Ensure grant reports, supporting documents, invoices and renewal applications go out on schedule. Manage contract compliance and attend meetings with funders whenever needed.
- Financial Management & Legal Compliance: Plan, budget, and manage Center financial resources, with the support of the Board Treasurer and Finance Manager. Comply with all government regulations and reporting requirements.
- Board of Directors: Report directly to the Board and collaborate with it on all matters regarding governance, fundraising/development, and mission.
- Experience in nonprofit administration, including staff supervision and development, human resources, project/program management, and operations.
- Experience securing philanthropic support from individuals, foundations, and corporations.
- Experience obtaining, managing, and renewing government contracts
- Proven track record of successfully engaging LGBTQ communities and BIPOC communities.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in programs, practices, policies, and hiring processes
- Understanding and appreciation of the Alameda County communities and their BIPOC/LGBTQ populations
- Executive Director/Development Director experience
- Experience either serving on a board or working with a governance board
- Experience working under a wide definition of diversity: racial, age, geography, language, fluidity of personal identification, immigration status, etc.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
- Base Salary: $90,000 - $100,000
- Full health benefits (medical, dental, vision) for employee
- 13 paid holidays, paid vacation and sick time.
- This is a full time (40 Hours/Week) Exempt position.
Applications will be considered as received until the position is filled. To apply, click here.
The Pacific Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.