Details: Salary is negotiable depending on experience
Degree Required: B.A. (M.A.) Preferred
Languages Required: English,
Languages Preferred: English, Spanish
Location: Newark, New Jersey
Term: Minimum 3 Year Commitment
Type of Employment: Full-Time Exempt
Salary: Depending on Experience
The Sanar Wellness Institute is seeking an Executive Director of its Wellness Center located in Newark, New Jersey. This is an exciting opportunity to lead a dynamic non-profit organization in its expansion in the North Jersey and New York City area while fostering existing and new donor relations and guiding strategic growth. Sanar is looking to add a team member that has a heart for the mission and vision and the business mind and drive to grow this startup location.
The Sanar Wellness Institute was founded in 2015 and provides transformational healing services to survivors of human trafficking, and individuals vulnerable to exploitation. Sanar also equips local, national and international communities with the necessary tools to create trauma-informed responses through training and educational initiatives.
The Wellness Center Executive Director will have both internal and external facing responsibilities ranging from client and program management (program development, fundraising, partnership building, grant reporting requirements) to administration (facilities, day to day operations, accounting) to human resources (payroll, management and internal controls procedures and policies). Candidates must have a proven track record of excellence in development and fundraising with a history of working with vulnerable populations. This position will work with a diverse range of clients that have experienced complex trauma including: survivors of all forms of human trafficking, child pornography, sexual abuse, sexual assault, domestic violence, refugee populations, and individuals vulnerable based on their identification on the LGBTQI spectrum.
This is an executive staff position that requires strong leadership, excellent strategic thinking, impeccable organizational skills, effective program development and management, exceptional verbal and written communication skills including strong experience with grant writing and drafting contract proposals. Candidates with experience in start-up organizations in the first five years of operation will be prioritized.
Survivors and individuals of color are highly encouraged to apply.
1. Wellness Center Financial Viability and Growth: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial stability and ongoing growth of Sanar’s Wellness Center through fundraising, donor cultivation, and fiscal management including budgeting.
2. Wellness Center Operations: Oversees the day to day operations of Sanar’s Newark, New Jersey based Wellness Center, ensuring the appropriate allocation of resources for facility, staffing, and client needs.
3. Wellness Center Strategic Growth: Develops and executes a strategic growth plan for the Wellness Center for 1 year, 3 years, and 5 years. Identification of quantifiable measurements that directly align with Sanar’s mission and vision should be prioritized.
4. Wellness Center Program Management: Acts as the primary manager of staff, partners, and key stakeholders within the New Jersey and New York City geographic region.
5. Advisory Board Governance: Works to develop the Advisory board and acts in collaboration with the Advisory board to fulfill the mission of Wellness Center.
- Planning of annual budget for the wellness center with a work plan for fundraising efforts;
- Administer all day to day operations for Wellness Center and prepare all long-term strategies to achieve all goals and evaluate performance of various fundraising programs;
- Manage all fundraising efforts and strategies for the Wellness Center to ensure the necessary resources are secured for both short and long term sustainability
- Oversee marketing, communications, and social media efforts associated with the Wellness Center.
- Ensure the Wellness Center’s continued financial health and delivery of its mission;
- Provides guidance for fundraising, donor management, business development; collaborative projects; program activities including outreach, volunteer coordination and partnership development, as well as marketing, communications and management issues;
- Ensure all legal, financial, and administrative tasks are completed in a timely manner;
- Develop positive relationships with key stakeholders, including Board Members, volunteers, partners, key stakeholders, donors and government agencies in pursuit of the organization’s mission and goals;
- Develop and implement strategic and financial plans that meet business goals and objectives created in partnership with the Board of Directors;
- Increase referrals for all direct client service programs in the Wellness Center;
- Provide leadership and direction for staff, ensuring performance goals are met, developing a strategic plan for goals within programs annually;
- Evaluate staff performance, accurately assessing the strengths and developmental needs of team members. Plays an active role in staff’s development and growth while simultaneously holding staff accountable to strong performance outcomes;
- Function collaboratively with Sanar’s team members to enhance service to survivor of human trafficking and individuals vulnerable to exploitation;
- Develop and facilitate workshops and trainings to social service providers, law enforcement agencies, health/medical professionals, and community members on various topics pertaining to human trafficking and trauma-informed services provision. Provide additional trainings on these topics to various audiences on a case-by-case basis;
- Increase awareness of the Wellness Center and Act as the primary media point of contact for the Wellness Center;
- Provide direct services to survivors (when appropriately aligned with professional background) in a minimal capacity;
- Ensure compliance, reporting, and timely report submission for all grants supporting the Wellness Center;
- Act as the primary point of contact for all activities within the Wellness Center and New Jersey and New York geographic region;
- Expand the Wellness Center Advisory Board and work in collaboration with its members to ensure the strategic direction of the center remains aligned with the mission and vision of the organization;
- Work to expand programs, services, and supports within the Wellness Center when gaps present;
- Oversee human resources of staff, ensuring compliance with state and federal requirements;
- Oversee any other duties assigned by the CEO, Sanar Wellness Institute Board of Director, and the Wellness Center Advisory Board.
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree is preferred ( Master’s in Social Work or Psychology with a strong background in public administration; JD; Master’s in Public Administration; Master’s in Business Administration )
- At least 5 years of experience in a full-time, high level individual giving or major gifts position, ideally at an established non-profit institution of similar budget and complexity
- At least 5 years of non-profit management experience in senior leadership positions or equivalents.
- Minimum of 5 years demonstrated experience in the following areas: administration; supervision; grant management; evaluation; program development; training content creation and facilitation; community engagement; referral coordination; and legal advocacy.
- Solid financial, budget design and management, and business acumen.
- Possess the skills necessary to work with and motivate board members and other volunteers.
- Flexible and able to work the hours necessary to complete all assignments and deadlines; and can demonstrate leadership and negotiation tactics when an assignment or deliverable needs to be renegotiated.
- Organized, efficient, and able to successfully function in a fast paced and demanding work environment supporting multiple key staff.
- Exceptional ability to write clearly, effectively, and informatively; demonstrating accuracy and thoroughness.
- Must have outstanding interpersonal and communication skills and be able to effectively communicate in a public forum, with a diverse population; and be able to effectively communicate with competence and passion about the mentor/volunteer program.
- Experience and competence in leadership, managing staff, contractors, volunteers and interns
- Experience, comfort, and sensitivity working in multi-cultural environments and with vulnerable populations.
- Alignment with the Sanar Wellness Institute’s Core Values ( http://www.sanar-institute.org/newpage/)
- Post-graduate training in trauma-specific psychoterpay modalities for survivors of complex trauma.
- Strong desire to support survivors of human trafficking and individuals vulnerable to exploitation.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with a wide array of people – junior and senior; government, for-profit and non-profit, and from diverse backgrounds.
- Knowledge and understanding of diversity, oppression and privilege and how these impact the clients we serve.
- Advance technology skills with proficiency in MS Office Suite, Membership database and Salesforce experience is a plus.
Additional Desired Qualities
- Passion and personal drive to meet the mission and vision of the Sanar Wellness Institute with a key understanding of the impact of complex trauma on vulnerable communities.
- Experience and/or comfort working with a small, impact-driven team where individuals wear many hats in their roles and responsibilities
- Understanding of the challenges and benefits of a start-up organization and feel inspired by the ability to make impact
- Flexibility, a sense of humor, and comfort making decisions when there might not be a “ right answer. “
Please send a cover letter and your resume including salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Paid Time Off and Holidays
Flexible Work Schedule
Level of Language Proficiency
Languages Required: English,
Languages Preferred: English, Spanish
Minimum Education Required