2305 N. Charles Street
The Accounting Manager is an integral part of the finance team, overseeing the general ledger of accounts and working with employees at all levels to ensure accurate financial recordkeeping. The Accounting Manager is also responsible for implementing and maintaining all internal financial controls and supporting annual audit procedures.
- Oversee the accuracy and maintenance of the general ledger of accounts, to include preparing, approving and posting journal entries.
- Manage all functions of accounts receivable, including but not limited to: preparation of invoices, receiving and recording payments, and accurate application of funds to project codes.
- Manage the monthly credit card statement reconciliation process with cardholders and meet reporting deadlines.
- Work closely with the Director of Finance during the annual external audit to provide all required documentation.
- Regularly analyze balance sheet accounts, noting any irregularities, correcting mistakes, and recording appropriately.
- Approve all accounts payable and payroll batch transactions.
- Create standard and special purpose reports for Program Directors, using ABILA MIP.
- Post all cash receipts and monitor all accounts receivable.
- Analyze weekly cash flow requirements and communicate foreseeable challenges with CFO.
- Support assigned grant and contracts with specific accounting responsibilities.
- Enter organizational and Programs budgets into ABILA MIP.
- Record fringe, administrative, conference room rental, Data & Evaluation and payroll allocations each quarter.
- Maintain the fixed assets schedule.
- Analyze grant spending to ensure expenses align with the budget.
- Issue 1099 MISC forms at year-end.
- Enter new vendors in ABILA MIP, while keeping track of MBE/WBE businesses.
Family League is proud to offer a comprehensive benefit package that includes:
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Medical Deductible paid through HRA
- 401k with company match
- Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, and Life Insurance
- Free Parking
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To learn more about this position and to apply online, click here.
Family League of Baltimore values a diverse workforce reflective of the community we serve. Family League of Baltimore is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, religious and or political beliefs. We recruit, employ, retain, compensate, train, promote, discipline, terminate and treat all employees and job applicants based solely on qualification, performance and competence.