1991 2nd Avenue
DREAM Charter School, a rigorous, Pre-K-10 public charter school in East Harlem, is seeking a dynamic and driven individual to serve as Operations Assistant at its high school site. Reporting to the Operations Manager, this role is responsible for providing operational, administrative, and programmatic support to the students and staff of DREAM.
DREAM Charter School's mission is to prepare students for high-performing high schools, colleges and beyond through a rigorous academic program that develops critical thinkers who demonstrate a love of learning, strong character, and a commitment to wellness and active citizenship. Join a team that is making a difference in East Harlem and is committed to the mission of helping students recognize their potential and realize their dreams.
DREAM Charter School is a part of DREAM (formerly known as Harlem RBI). Like all DREAM employees, the Operations Assistant should demonstrate a strong commitment to the mission and values of DREAM and DREAM Charter School and should have substantial expertise in all areas of responsibility.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Demonstrate responsive interactions with families, guests, and DREAM stakeholders at all times;
· Assist the high school prinicpal and teachers with all operations functions, including day-to-day processes, special events and family interactions;
· Support the DREAM Pre-K-10 Operations Team with various projects throughout the year;
· Support DREAM teachers in order to maximize learning time for our scholars, including student and classroom assistance;
· Maintain accurate student and program records for the High School in order to monitor, and stay in, compliance with relevant DOH and DOE requirements and policies
· Keep High School areas organized and clean to support the consistency of the entire school environment;
· Oversee the High School environment and all supply spaces utilized by both staff and scholars, including liaising with custodial staff when needed and maintaining office supply closets;
· Provide a welcoming atmosphere for scholars, families, and other stakeholders in our High School space and uphold DREAM values at all times;
· Serve as the main conduit of information (including, but not limited to enrollment, family communications, and staff and scholar notices) for information distributed to DREAM high school stakeholders;
· Provide all administrative support (ordering food, arranging transportation, making copies, etc.) as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree required;
- Bilingual (English/Spanish), required;
- Experience in a youth-friendly environment preferred, including direct service work with youth as staff or in a volunteer capacity;
- Knowledge of and experience with school facilities and relevant technologies;
- Knowledge and comfort with Microsoft Excel;
- Familiarity with student information systems (TeacherEase, ATS, and SchoolMint);
- Commitment to continuous improvement and learning through professional development.
DREAM salary is highly competitive with the New York City Department of Education and other charter schools, and is based on experience and qualifications. All DREAM employees receive a comprehensive benefits package, including health and dental insurance, a 403(b) retirement account, life insurance and access to social services through our Employee Assistance Program.
Minimum Education Required