Details: Salary scale set by Baltimore City Public Schools
2810 Shirley Avenue
Public education CAN look different! NOW FILLING AN UNEXPECTED MID-YEAR VACANCY FOR THE CURRENT SCHOOL YEAR (2017-18). Creative City Public Charter School seeks an energetic, passionate elementary educator who is ready to focus on the unique needs and passions of each student in an innovative, arts-rich, hands-on instructional environment. A second grade teacher has unexpectedly left our school and we are seeking an MSDE-certified teacher to fill the vacancy immediately.
A teacher joining a school mid year is joining a fast-moving train and needs to know what they're getting in to, so here goes:
- Class size is 22
- Students have recess every day and get their hands dirty.
- Classrooms have the active hum of excited learning.
- We welcome flexible seating, comfy classroom nooks, and other creative strategies that make the environment most comfortable for learning.
- We use Responsive Classroom as our core framework for building and maintaining classroom community. We do not use PBIS.
- Curricula include: Fountas & Pinnell, Lucy Calkins, Words Their Way, Singapore Math.
- Strategies/frameworks include: Place-based, project-based, arts-integrated, inclusion, and plenty of small group work.
- We are a Title I school
The right candidate will be familiar with each of these, although we are ready to train and our new hire will have the support of a great teaching team. Most importantly, the right candidate will be able to hit the ground running in the existing classroom community. We practice "looping" where the same teacher will have a class for two consecutive years. A mid-year hire this year will most likely stay with the same students next year as well in the third grade.
We prioritize a team environment that values all voices, we use a collaborative approach. As a Community School we are deeply connected the the community around us, while also enrolling students from city wide through a lottery system.
Must meet all employment requirements of Baltimore City Public Schools including valid Maryland teaching certification. Please apply ASAP! Our students want to meet you.
employees are entitled to Baltimore City Schools benefits
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Email a cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com.