Bilingual (English/ Spanish) Receptionist / Front Desk Coordinator Seattle, WA
- Job posted by Northwest Immigrant Rights Project
615 2nd Ave, Ste 400
Bilingual (English/ Spanish)
Receptionist / Front Desk Coordinator
Northwest Immigrant Rights Project (NWIRP) seeks a Bilingual (English/ Spanish) Receptionist / Front Desk Coordinator in its Seattle, WA office.
The Receptionist / Front Desk Coordinator provides reception, phone services and administrative support to staff. This person is the face and voice of NWIRP, serving thousands of callers and in-person visitors, in many languages, per year. This position coordinates all aspects of the front desk, working directly with clients as well as taking on certain administrative duties, such as incoming and outgoing mail. Applicants must be able to handle a fast-paced, dynamic work environment. A minimum two year commitment to this position is preferred. This position is expected to begin in late May or early June.
Administrative Director, Kevin Haag.
• Answer all incoming calls.
• Greet all in-person guests.
• Screen immigration assistance inquiries and refer callers/visitors to NWIRP's various units.
• Schedule client appointments and workshops.
• Make referrals to other social service agencies.
• Coordinate and supervise volunteer receptionists.
• Other duties as required.
Administrative Support (secondary, in conjunction with administrative staff):
• Collect, open, date stamp and route incoming mail.
• Coordinate outgoing mail.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand and walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear as well as utilize the telephone, computer, pen and paper. This person will be talking continuously all day.
Emotional demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to discuss topics including, but not limited, to discrimination, domestic abuse and violence.
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
• Demonstrated commitment to immigrant rights and eagerness to support NWIRP's mission, vision and values; comfortable working with a diversity of cultures.
• Must be Bilingual (English/Spanish).
• Experience with multi-line phone systems and call handling in a high-volume environment.
• Excellent client-centered customer service skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience with Microsoft Office and G Suite (especially Gmail, Drive, Docs and Sheets), databases, Internet browsers and multifunction copiers/printers.
• Must be punctual: Arriving on time to greet clients by 9:00am, after lunch at 1:00pm and to drop off mail before 4:45pm.
• Must be resilient and patient with a high level of personal integrity and excellent interpersonal skills.
• Must be able to efficiently manage multiple tasks, work well under stress and be flexible, anticipating quickly changing needs.
• Highly motivated, resourceful, open minded, flexible and easily adaptable to change.
• Positive and friendly attitude required. Direct communication style preferred.
• A minimum two year commitment to this position is preferred.
Beginning salary for candidates with no relevant experience is ($23.65/hr.) and is higher depending on years of directly relevant experience. This position is full time: 35hrs/week, M-F, 9-5, 60 min. lunch. It is part of NWIRP's collective bargaining unit and offers a generous benefits package, including excellent health, vision & dental plans; 3% employer retirement contributions; paid vacation, parental, and health-related leave; subsidized transit pass; disability/life/AD&D coverage; and 4 weeks of paid sabbatical after six years of employment.
Please send your resume and cover letter--indicating why you are passionate about immigrant rights in general and this position specifically--to: email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, at which time the job posting will be removed from our website, https://nwirp.org/jobs.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
Northwest Immigrant Rights Project (NWIRP) is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity.
We believe having a Board, Staff and Volunteer base with diverse personal and professional backgrounds enhances our ability to meet our mission and creates a vibrant environment where all members of the NWIRP community thrive. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, immigrants, women, people with disabilities, members of the LGBT community and other underrepresented and historically marginalized groups.
It is the policy of NWIRP to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination. NWIRP is committed to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment. NWIRP does not discriminate on the basis of class, race, color, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, political ideology, age, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluency in English & Spanish.
Minimum Education Required