7 Pennsylvania Plaza
The National Hemophilia Foundation is dedicated to finding better treatments and cures for inheritable bleeding disorders and to preventing the complications of these disorders through education, advocacy and research. Established in 1948, we are based in New York City with chapters throughout the country. NHF’s programs and initiatives are made possible through the generosity of individuals, corporations and foundations as well as through a cooperative agreement with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
NHF is looking for a Content Writer to join our team. We are seeking a creative, detail-oriented person who is interested in working to raise the voice and visibility of NHF. This person will be responsible for creating dynamic, well-written copy for NHF’s digital and social platforms, as well as managing and executing communication campaigns.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to;
- Create compelling copy for NHF websites, email communications and social media.
- Create schedule of communications to support foundation messaging on monthly basis
- Utilize SEO best practices in all web content to boost NHF presence
- Work across departments to create news stories, draft brochures, informational materials, and marketing materials on NHF activities
- Copy edit, proofread and/or fact check digital editorial content ensuring consistency and clarity
- Copy edit and proofread publications, including educational and promotional material
- Be key point of content between outside vendors and internal staff on communication projects including print and promotional materials, slides, exhibit materials, etc.
- Work with internal departments to understand department priorities and how communications can support/exploit current projects
- Assist the Director of Communications on development of written materials.
- Create and maintain communications calendar
- Manage communications on NHF intranets, including to chapter and board of directors.
- Hold weekly status meetings with department directors
To qualify for this unique opportunity, our ideal candidate should have the following skills, education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
- Strong communications and digital media background required.
- A minimum of four years of relevant writing and project management experience
- Working knowledge of SEO and how it applies to content marketing
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Experience in developing workflows and project timelines
- Basic knowledge of HTML and Web CMS platforms
The programs and initiatives of the National Hemophilia Foundation are staffed by talented individuals who have the passion, drive and skills necessary to fulfill our mission. NHF is an Equal Opportunity Employer, appreciates and values individual differences and welcomes diversity in its broadest definition. We are committed to promoting an inclusive organizational environment of dignity and respect.
In order to attract and retain a high performance workforce, we offer a dynamic and rewarding work environment, an excellent benefit package and salary that is commensurate with industry standards.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If you are interested this opportunity, please send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements.