908 Wahler Place, SE
What You Will Do
· Teach ELA or math to 2 advisories of ~25 scholars daily (school day: 8:00 AM – 4:15 PM M, T, Th, F and 8:00 AM – 1:30 PM Wed.)
· Collaborate with and mentor an Associate Teacher (a new or emerging educator)
· Communicate frequently with families of scholars you serve
· Engage in additional school-wide responsibilities, such as lunch/recess duty, hallway posts, events committees, etc.
· Manage time, tasks, deadlines and responsibilities in a fast-paced environment
· Receive continuous feedback from peers and school leaders on your practice and be expected to give the same
· Embody our core values of Determination, Respect, Enthusiasm, Accountability, and Mastery
· Exhibit an unwavering commitment to high academic achievement and character development in our scholars
· Be on campus from 7:30 AM to 5:00 PM daily
· Attend and support monthly Family Nights/events that invite families into the building
· Other duties as required to fulfill our mission in the lives of our scholars
You Must Have
· Appropriate credentials
o Bachelor’s degree in education
o Bachelor’s degree in any field with teaching license or passing Praxis scores in the area you want to teach
· 1+ years of experience as a teacher of record in a K – 12 setting
· 1+ years of experience working with children in historically underserved communities
It Would Be Nice for Your to Have
· A Master’s degree in education
· Teacher leadership experience (grade level lead, department chair, mentor teacher, etc.)
Who We Are
We are a public charter school network committed to historically underserved communities of Southeast Washington, DC. Our elementary school, PreK3 – 3rd grade, includes an early childhood partnership with AppleTree Institute. The middle school is an expanded model that serves 4th – 8th grade. Our mission is to prepare students to excel as high-achieving scholars and leaders in high school, college and beyond.
What We Value
· 100% Scholars: You prioritize what’s best for scholars first.
· Results Without Excuses: You set, track and achieve ambitious goals; and you own the mistakes.
· Sweat the Small Stuff: You pay attention to the smallest details to ensure smooth, predictable, and effective outcomes.
· Community Matters – Mightily: You show care and respect for others – even when the work is taxing.
· Unapologetically Mission-Driven: You have a “whatever it takes” mentality in achieving the mission.
· Many Minds, One Mission: You value and partner with parents and the community for the good of scholars.
Why Platinum Teachers?
Our teachers are worth more than gold, they’re platinum!
· Development: Teachers receive ongoing (weekly or bi-weekly) development from school leaders:
o Formal and informal observations and feedback
o 1:1 meetings to discuss teaching practice, scholar data, curriculum, and goals
o Content team meetings
o Wednesday afternoon professional development tailored to teacher needs
· Compensation & Benefits: Achievement Prep offers highly competitive compensation and benefits
o In SY18-19, our lead teachers will be compensated at the top 5% of public school teachers in Washington, D.C.
o Medical, vision, dental benefits
o Flexible spending accounts for transit, dependent care, and medical expenses
o 401k with automatic immediate employer matching up to 4%
· It Pays to Stay: Upon completion of 2 full school years of service, employees become eligible for annual loyalty incentives
o Gifts and Achievement Prep swag
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, visit our website.