About HITLAB (www.hitlab.org:
HITLAB is a healthcare innovation lab dedicated to improving the quality and accessibility of healthcare worldwide. We help leading organizations ideate, create, and evaluate technology-based solutions to pressing healthcare challenges.
Our team of public health professionals, anthropologists, statisticians, clinicians, engineers, economists, strategists, and designers is determined to address healthcare needs across the globe. We work with a wide variety of stakeholders in both the public and private sectors to design and disseminate studies, programs, and products that improve healthcare access and delivery.
The Human Resources Manager will assist with HR programs which include but are not limited to: recruitment, benefits, payroll, policies and procedures and performance appraisals.
· Assist in developing HR policies and procedures.
· Update and maintain Employee handbook.
· Create/update job descriptions and post position at various mediums.
· Attend career fairs and target schools and websites for postings.
· Pre-screen candidates, conduct interviews and coordinate manager interviews.
· Administer background checks and coordinate writing assessment.
· Facilitate new hire paperwork and set-up.
· Schedule and conduct new hire orientation.
· Set up new hire with payroll, benefits, etc.
· Ensure new hires have a good understanding of HITLAB’s work culture, expectations, etc.
· Assist with Professional Development and performance appraisals.
· Conduct exit interviews and coordinate exit paperwork
· Special HR projects as need be.
· Maintain HR files for compliance.
· Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in Human Resources.
· Extremely proficient in Word, Excel and Power Point.
· Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and to adapt to changing priorities.
· A positive attitude and a strong work ethic.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills required; must work effectively as part of a team.
· Bachelor’s degree a must. MA/MS in Human Resources, Psychology or Anthropology preferred.
Why work at HITLAB?
HITLAB is an exciting place to work. At the forefront of cutting-edge biomedical and public health innovation, our teams explore complex and interesting problems that require urgent solutions and have high impact on global healthcare access and delivery. Team sizes are small and offer numerous leadership opportunities. Diversity is at the heart of our value system and work process, which makes for a rich learning environment. The nature of our mission ensures that our teams push boundaries of skill and knowledge, so they continue to grow throughout their tenure at HITLAB. Come join our team of people driven by collaboration, impact, and innovation.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should email their resume, letter of interest explicitly stating fit with the position requirements, and contact information for three references.
Attention: HR Manager
More information on the HIT Lab is available at:
Visit us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/hitlab.org
HITLAB is an equal opportunity employer.
Minimum Education Required