643 Park Avenue
About the Armory
Part American palace, part industrial shed, Park Avenue Armory supports unconventional works in the performing and visual arts that need non-traditional spaces for their full realization. Since its first production in 2007, a 9,216-square-foot action painting by Aaron Young created by 10 choreographed motorcyclists, the Armory has organized and presented unconventional and immersive programs—from site-specific art installations, to opera, theater, and dance performances. With its period rooms by Louis Comfort Tiffany, Stanford White, and Herter Brothers and its soaring 55,000-square-foot Wade Thompson Drill Hall, the Armory breaks the mold of traditional presentation, enabling artists to create, students to explore, and wide audiences to experience epic and unexpected work that cannot be done elsewhere in New York.
The Individual Giving Coordinator provides front-line support for the three membership donor groups. The Coordinator is a member of the Individual Giving team, raising over $3 Million annually. Reporting to the Associate Director of Individual Giving, the Coordinator will interface internally and externally with a constituency of arts enthusiasts as part of a dynamic fundraising team.
Responsibilities and Objectives
· Fundraising activities for three major membership groups including renewal and new member acquisition activities, benefit fulfillment, event planning, and database maintenance
· Donor correspondence including answering membership phone line, responding to donor questions in a timely and professional manner, drafting membership renewal mailings and emails, and preparing acknowledgments
· Processing all donations through Tessitura
· Member of the wider Development team which requires ongoing activities like working events, staffing patron table during performances, and other duties as needed
· Providing research support to own donor groups and Individual Giving area overall
· Various other duties as assigned
Ideal candidates will be highly organized, motivated, high-energy, detail-oriented self-starters who work well within a fast-paced environment. Candidates must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and be able to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines. Bachelor’s degree and proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel required. Tessitura experience is a big plus. Evening and weekend work is required.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Please provide salary requirements with your application.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should submit resume and cover letter in a single Word or PDF document saved as candidate’s first and last name.
All submissions should be emailed to HRDevelopment@armoryonpark.org with “Individual Giving Coordinator” in the subject line. Only resumes and cover letters submitted in this format will be reviewed. No phone calls, please.
For more information about Park Avenue Armory, please visit www.armoryonpark.org
Park Avenue Armory is an Equal Opportunity Employer.