2151 Salvio Street, Suite 295
Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) of Contra Costa County is a community benefit, tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization, established to recruit, train and support volunteers to advocate for abused and neglected children in the Juvenile Court process. A CASA volunteer helps to ensure that a foster child’s needs are being met while assisting the Court in moving children from temporary placement to safe and permanent homes.
The Recruitment Coordinator is responsible for recruiting individuals within the community to serve as CASA volunteers.
- Develop and implement plans to increase volunteer participation in CASA of Contra Costa County with emphasis on recruiting more people of color and males
- Respond to individuals inquiring about the CASA volunteer opportunity and direct them to Informational Sessions
Informational Sessions for potential CASA volunteers
- Develop and revise presentation material
- Manage schedule and attendance
- Conduct presentations
- Follow-up regarding interest and potential applications
- Identify, coordinate and participate in opportunities for outreach to include speaking engagements, community events, etc.
- Maintain a calendar of outreach opportunities available to staff, board and volunteers
- Manage board/volunteer participation
- Cultivate and train a proficient and reliable Speakers’ Bureau to speak at events, presentations, etc.
Data Collection and Reports
Track recruitment goals, efforts and achievements
Ensure accurate and timely entry of data
Provide quarterly report on outcomes
Qualifications and Requirements
- BA/BS degree
- Ability to utilize technology to include visual and web-based presentations
- Strong computer skills, proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and ability and willingness to learn new software as needed
- Excellent public-speaking and written communication skills
- Must be able to lift and carry items up to 50 lbs
- Must be respectful of all people regardless of race, ethnicity, culture, socioeconomic background, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disability
- Valid driver’s license, personal transportation and automobile insurance
- Willingness to travel throughout Contra Costa County and surrounding counties
- Criminal justice fingerprint clearance (Federal, State, CACI)
Compensation: $44,000 with benefits
Additional Information: This is a full-time, exempt position. The position requires an ability to work some evenings and weekends. Reports to Program Director.
Deadline: Submit resume and cover letter (required) in PDF only by March 9.
No phone calls please!
Health insurance, retirement
Minimum Education Required