Arizona Deputy State Director of Constituency Services - Education
- Job posted by NALEO Educational Fund
Details: Commensurate with experience and qualifications
542 East Monroe Street
The NALEO Educational Fund seeks an Arizona Deputy Director of Constituency Services - Education to support the organization’s initiative with education policymakers in the state. The ideal candidate will assist in the development of curricula that strengthens the governance, leadership and education policy content knowledge skills of Latino policymakers as they develop a student success agenda to accelerate the educational attainment of Latino students in Arizona. The position is based in Phoenix, Arizona. Travel is required. This position reports to the Arizona State Director. This is a full-time, non-exempt position with an annual compensation commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Draft training curricula and assist with the program and logistical planning, technical assistance, and implementation of Arizona Policy Academy Institutes and related program deliverables.
- Monitor current education policies in Arizona to develop relevant curricula for policymakers.
- Work collaboratively with Arizona team and the Constituency Services Department to advance program deliverables, department priorities and organization’s mission.
- Work on programs and projects as needed and assigned from the department and/or organization, including contributing to the development of the NALEO Annual Conference program, and other related tasks.
- Develop and maintain relationships with education policymakers and advocacy organizations; and maintain the organization's presence on relevant coalitions.
QUALIFICATIONS – KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Minimum BS/BA degree, MS/MA degree in education, public policy or related field a plus;
- Minimum of three years of experience in non-profit education advocacy, public policy, government relations, or related field preferred;
- Professional background in any of the following areas preferred: early education, K-12 education governance and finance, and higher education;
- Analytic skills with the ability to prioritize, distill, synthesize and communicate to staff key objectives and tactics necessary to achieve department and organizational goals;
- Strong writing and communications skills required;
- Proven ability to prioritize workload, be self-motivated, execute projects independently, outstanding project management, organized and results-oriented;
- Proven ability to pay attention to detail, effective at multi-tasking and problem solving, proactive, strong critical thinking and analytical skills;
- Proven professional and interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships and serve as liaison with stakeholders, including staff, public officials, external partners and funders;
- Contribute positively to the work culture by being solutions-oriented and a team player;
- Knowledge of and interest in Latino politics required;
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven work environment with varying hours and work on weekends as needed;
- Adhere to attendance and punctuality standards of the organization;
- Must be technology savvy, proficient in using Microsoft Office 365, Outlook, MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint, and other office software;
- If a driver, must have a valid driver’s license with proof of automobile insurance coverage;
- Ability to work respectfully with people from all cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds;
- Supportive of the mission and the philosophy of the NALEO Educational Fund.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL ASPECTS OF THE POSITON
Certain physical and mental aspects of performing the essential functions of the position include the following:
- Ability to detect, discern, recognize, and perceive auditory and visual information within normal ranges;
- Dexterity to read, write, type, operate office equipment such as a computer, printer, telephone, calculator, copier, fax machine, pencils, pens, and stapler;
- Ability to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.
Once hired, employees requiring reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of the position should contact Human Resources to engage in the interactive process to determine reasonable accommodations, if any.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Fax/email cover letter and resume to Angela Weimer, National Director of Human Resources and Administration, NALEO Educational Fund (213) 747-7664/ firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE
Generous vacation, sick leave, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and retirement coverage.
Level of Language Proficiency
English; written and oral Spanish, a plus
Minimum Education Required