145 w.58th St., 2A
The Corporate Campaigns Manager, North America, leads the corporate campaigns strategy for North America. In this exciting position, you will be a part of our global Business Action team, which uses best-in-class approaches to develop programmatic interventions to advance the clean energy future and to help our partners accelerate their leadership and ambition on climate action. Our current corporate campaigns drive renewable electricity, energy productivity and electric mobility.
The role reports to the Executive Director of North America and works closely with the North American Corporate Member Engagement Manager. In addition, the role also works in close collaboration with the Business Action global program heads in London as well as with The Climate Group’s global cross-functional and programmatic teams (all members of the Corporate Actions team, Under 2 team, Communications, and Fundraising, as well as with our regional offices).
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated, dynamic professional committed to driving forward the clean energy transition by capitalizing on opportunities for impact within our existing programs.
Ideally, you will have a global and domestic perspective of the opportunities and challenges faced as we transition to a low carbon economy. Moreover, you will be flexible and entrepreneurial with sound judgment, a nonpartisan approach, and keen understanding of the need for strong ambitious partners willing to provide both intellectual and financial capital to solve the world’s most pressing problem. Skills required to be successful in this role include:
- 7 years + experience working in the electricity sector, storage, energy efficiency and/or e-mobility sector
- Excellent command of energy and climate change issues, low-carbon clean energy solutions and their relevant policy and financing solutions
- Highly motivated, independent and creative project leader with a proven track record of successfully engaging and managing multiple programs and identifying key synergies.
- Strong network of relationships in the low-carbon technology sector with leading businesses, cities, states, and federal government agencies that directly influence technology implementation, financing & policy initiatives.
- Ability to craft and deliver compelling presentations and written material to advance solutions among executive/expert audiences
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience working across functional and geographic teams to complete project deliverables
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A positive, problem solver with a get-the-job-done attitude
- Strategic thinker and willing collaborator
- Highly organized with attention to detail and impeccable follow-up
- Knowledge of cultural expectations and business approaches in regions in which The Climate Group operates
- Master’s degree in relevant field, preferred but not required
- Lead the North American program delivery with The Climate Group’s global team on delivery of the EP100, EV100, RE100 and LED Scale-Up programs, and other business action programs, as developed, in line with The Climate Group’s mission and strategy
- Contribute to the strategic direction and planning process of the global Business Action team from the North American perspective
- Track trends, respective markets, media, and relevant clean energy transition progress of program members and prospects to identify new opportunities for corporate action and alignment of state and regional government policy goals.
- Research and understand North American markets and future trends for the clean energy transition, including renewables, electric vehicles, battery storage, grid optimization, and energy efficiency including net-zero buildings and LED lighting
- Help develop and deliver program-specific events and other relevant projects, with a focus on the economic case for action, from content design to logistics
- Enhance key program partnerships to ensure technical knowledge is shared and to encourage increased collaboration for highest impact
- Raise awareness of business action programs through engagement with relevant partners, such as We Mean Business and We Are Still In
- Support fundraising team with creative and impactful program proposals and bids
- Develop and manage program databases, documents and materials
- Assist with the development of North American-specific marketing materials
- Represent The Climate Group for speaking engagements, media, videos, and publications.
You will be based in our New York City office. You will be required to travel internationally on occasions.
We offer a competitive salary, depending on experience. In addition, the role holder will benefit from:
• 5 weeks paid vacation, plus federal holidays
• Generous benefits package including health, dental, and 403b
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply through our website or with the link below.