Details: $15.00 Hourly Rate with the opportunity for Overtime.
Eleven Madison Avenue
Madison Square Park Conservancy is the nonprofit organization whose mission is to protect, nurture and enhance Madison Square Park, a dynamic seven-acre public green space, creating an environment that fosters moments of inspiration. The Conservancy is committed to engaging the community through its beautiful gardens, inviting amenities, and world-class programming.
Seasonal Operations Associate
Reporting to the Senior Park Manager and the Associate Park Managers the Seasonal Operations Associates are responsible for day to day park sanitation, clean up, event set up and break down. Seasonal operations staff will be expected to participate in other Conservancy activities as needed and to work in cooperation with all team members.
• Hold Park cleanliness to world class standards, ensuring that the Park stays litter free.
• Set up and break down park programming and events
• Participate, setup, and breakdown in park lead volunteer projects
• Operate and maintain park equipment
• Complete repairs and maintenance of infrastructure
• Water feature maintenance
• Monitoring park for safety hazards
• Maintain highest standards of safety
• Keeping work areas clean
• Act as an ambassador to park patrons
• Snow removal
Qualifications and Requirements:
• 3 years of experience in sanitation, construction or special events.
• Hardworking individuals capable of doing physically strenuous work in all weather.
• Outgoing personalities who can serve as ambassadors to our patrons, work hard, and have fun doing it.
• Responsible individuals committed to doing every job well.
• Ability to work alone and in a team setting.
• Field problem solvers
• Candidate must be able to commit to a 40 hour work week. Weekend work and flexible schedules are required.
• Looking for immediate hire
• 6-9 month employment period.
Madison Square Park Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to complying with all federal, state and local equal employment opportunity ("EEO") laws. The Conservancy prohibits discrimination against applicants for employment because of the individual's race or color, religion or creed, alienage or citizenship status, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, domestic partnership status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim status, arrest or pre-employment conviction record or any other characteristic protected by law.
Transitchek, Paid Sick Leave
Minimum Education Required