Full Time Contract
Details: Paid monthly into ANZ (Cambodia) TLC will pay for 50% of account keeping charges.
56, Group 10,
Wat Bo Village, Sala Kamreuk Commune,
We are a community development organisation with programs focused in three practice areas:
- Children and Families
- Community Research and Consultancy
We typically work with communities who have the greatest challenges yet the desire and the drive to enact change. What they need are the tools, training, skills and initial support to tackle their community’s specific development issues. Local communities are the experts at identifying their problems and priorities. They often have great ideas and what they need are the ways and means to take ownership of resolving their greatest challenges.
This Life Cambodia is seeking a strategic thinker and achievement oriented person to join our leadership team.
Chief Financial Manager
As a member of TLC’s leadership team, the Chief Financial Manager will oversee, direct, develop and implement the systems and financial infrastructure required to support the growth and future financial security of This Life Cambodia (TLC) . The role will be responsible for TLC’s financial, regulatory, legislative, administration, human resource and information technology (IT) functions. The position requires a ‘hands on’ professional with a solid grounding in financial management and a record of contributing within a leadership team to develop strategic initiatives..
- Work as a member of the leadership team to ensure the effective and efficient management and operation of TLC in accordance with the values and strategic direction of the organisation.
- Ensure the effective financial management (integrity of accounting, budgeting, financial reporting and forecasting, balance sheet & cash flow) of TLC
- Provide expert advice and support to the leadership team in the financial monitoring, planning, forecasting, budgeting and analysis of TLC’s programs.
- Manage, monitor and report on TLC’s compliance with all statutory, funding, grant, contractual & legislative obligations.
- Participate in the development, implementation & review of TLC’s strategic and operational plans.
- Collaborate with the Board, leadership team, Cambodian and Australian Governments, the community and private sectors, to implement TLC’s Strategic Plan.
- Develop, implement & administer effective financial & administration management systems & infrastructure.
- Develop, implement & administer effective administrative, financial & operational policies, systems procedures and guidelines in consultation with the leadership team.
- Plan, manage and develop TLC’s s financial, regulatory, legislative and administrative functions in an efficient and effective manner. Develop new and or revised services in areas of responsibility as required.
- Lead, manage and develop finance and administrative staff, volunteers and contractors to ensure the efficient & effective operation of financial services and the provision of timely & accurate information..
- Prepare TLC’s financial projections, budgets and reports and administer all financial accounts. Provide financial advice, support and guidance to the Board, leadership team & programs as required.
- Assist the Executive Director & Board to ensure that financial policies, systems, and processes promote and protect the financial position of the organisation.
- Manage and oversee the delivery of accounts services including the preparation and processing of financial accounts, payments, invoices and associated financial documentation.
- Monitor cash flow projections for multiple projects.
- Manage the preparation of relevant financial reports for external funding bodies and the provision of monthly financial reports and other reports as required.
- Manage the annual budgeting and reporting process and provide annual financial statements to auditors, Executive Director and Board. Prepare annual audited accounts with the assistance of external auditors.
Compliance and Risk Management
- Assist the Executive Director to ensure compliance with statutory, funding, contractual and legislated obligations relating to the operations of TLC.
- Manage the preparation of organisational documents as needed for legal and financial compliance matters. Develop, in consultation with the leadership team, the Annual Report.
- Comply with legislated requirements under Cambodian and Australian law, and in particular, the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC) Act (Cth), and the Taxation Administration Act (Cth).
- Conduct research into and analysis of TLC’s operations in relation to risk management and compliance
- Establish and implement risk management systems.
Physical Resource Management
- Manage and oversee TLC’s physical infrastructure (including leasing and maintenance schedules). Manage TLC assets, ensuring proper processes are place for the acquisition (purchasing), allocation, valuation, depreciation and disposal of assets.
- Analyse initiatives & resource management issues that affect the organisation and prepare associated reports, correspondence and submissions.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Member of a professionally accredited body such as CPA (Australia/USA/Canada etc) the ACCA(UK) and an advanced degree in accounting, financial management or an equivalent, relevant qualification.
- At least 5 years of demonstrated experience in a senior financial and corporate services leadership role with a not for profit organisation and/or work experience with an international NGO
- Strategic thinking and planning skills of a high order and a demonstrated ability to contribute to TLC’s strategic direction.
- Highly developed organisational, project management and administrative skills, including the ability to meet deadlines and work autonomously.
- Demonstrated experience in managing computer based accounting systems (Quick Books Online or similar).
- Demonstrated ability to administer legislative, statutory & contractual obligations.
- Demonstrated experience in managing staff and in developing & implementing policies and procedures.
- Highly developed negotiation and interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with sensitive and confidential information.
- Outstanding communications skills with fluency in English (oral and written) essential.
- Understanding of other corporate support functions including IT and HR.
- Strong understanding of one or more of This Life Cambodia’s programming areas (education, legal justice, social work case management for children and families, community development), and ability to communicate commitment to children, families and communities, and to community-led programming
- Khmer language skills or the ability to develop such skills
Access to staff savings scheme ( following probation)
Annual performance bonus
4.5 days annual leave
28 Public Holidays
2 weeks sick leave
Level of Language Proficiency
English - Fluent
Khmer- desirable only
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Only applications received via our online recruitment system will be accepted. Applicants can access the job description for this position from our website at http://www.thislifecambodia.org/about-us/career-opportunities.
- Submit applications online on our Careers page. Click on the embedded link (it appears as a green highlighted word that will change to gold once your cursor hovers over the word)
- Select the role for which you are applying
- Supply the information as requested on the form and answer the mandatory questions addressing the criteria -all ONLINE and in one sitting. You cannot save the data and return later. You have a character limit for your answers (generally 1000 characters, including spaces). We recommend you answer the questions in Word and then paste your responses into the system.
- Answer all other questions
- Attach your CV. If you wish to add a cover letter it must be included with your CV as a single document. Load any other documentation if requested to do so.
- Scroll to the end of the page and click Submit.
- You should see a message in the top right hand corner advising ”Application Successfully Submitted". If you do not see that message it means you have not answered all questions as required. All questions with an asterisk* are mandatory.
- Applications will not be accepted unless all required information is entered, nor will applications be accepted after the closing date. Only applicants who progress to the next stage of recruitment will be contacted further.