1111 Marcus Avenue
New Hyde Park
As the first point of contact, the Volunteer Coordinator is essential in connecting all new volunteers to our mission by creating a welcoming environment. The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of the activities of Volunteer Resources department.
Essential Job Functions:
· First point of contact for general public interested in volunteering. Manage Volunteer onboarding process from point of inquiry to completion.
· Oversee and further develop specialized volunteer squads inclusive of Volunteer Interviewers, and Trainers to support on-boarding process, recruitment initiatives, and training opportunities.
· Through actionable metrics, assess progress of annual operational plans for ensuring and sustaining volunteer squad activity and growth.
· Develop and manage communication process to follow up with inactive volunteers.
· Utilize Raisers Edge to track where volunteers are in the On-boarding process.
· Support team in creating, managing, and pulling reports and data.
· Post, update and monitor online volunteer recruitment opportunities.
· Supervise the completion of all necessary paperwork to prepare volunteers for becoming active with the chapter. Ensure completion of the Application, Conflict of Interest and Ethics Assurance Statement, Volunteer Interview, Volunteer Manual Receipt and Background Check process. Stay abreast of any changes to National Standards and resources for each form of paperwork.
· Manage process for notifying volunteers and staff of non-compliant volunteers and wish transfers.
· Work with Volunteer Associate to identify and address volunteers who are inactive.
Events & Trainings:
· In collaboration with other departments, manage all volunteer activity for internal and external events through WishNet, ensuring all information is provided to staff and volunteers prior to event.
· Oversee volunteer operations at all events, provide support as needed while addressing potential issues in a timely, professional manner.
· Implement process for measuring volunteer performance at events and trainings.
· Coordinate and schedule monthly Wish Granting trainings. Work with team members to ensure volunteers are appropriately assigned post training.
· Support in planning and executing recruitment and engagement events.
· Respond to all volunteer inquiries through the general volunteer inbox.
· Ensure volunteers are motivated and participatory through positive and informative communications via, e-newsletters, emails and one-on-one calls.
· Responsible for cultivating an organizational climate that is welcoming to volunteers in order to promote volunteerism and increase retention.
· Responsible for coordinating placement of office volunteers within office department and monitoring needs of staff on as needed basis.
· Work with the Volunteer Associate in managing Virtual Coaching Program.
· Regularly update database (Raisers Edge and WishNet, our internal volunteer management portal).
Essential Skills and Abilities:
· Ability to work autonomously with strong prioritizing and organizational skills.
· Exceptional attention to detail.
· Ability to manage multiple tasks effectively and achieve objectives.
· Solid team player who provides stellar customer service in a professional and pleasant manner.
· Ability to build and maintain long-term relationships.
· Ability to motivate and support a diverse constituency in a team-oriented atmosphere.
· Excellent communication and customer service skills.
· Able to successfully work in a collaborative, team-oriented organization.
· Sensitivity to various backgrounds and cultures.
· Demonstrated skill in recruitment and public speaking.
· Communication and problem-solving skills.
· College degree required.
· 3-5 years of Volunteer Relations experience.
· Bilingual a plus.
· Computer literate with solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and data entry. Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge database a plus.
· Commitment to and a passion for the mission of the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
· Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
The physical demands and work environment listed here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable a person with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Physical Demands: While performing this job employees may occasionally be required to talk, stand or sit for long periods of time, walk, climb stairs, key data, stoop, twist, bend, crawl, speak and hear. Employees may drive a motor vehicle and may be required to travel during business hours and overnight up to 10% of the time. Person must also be able to move/lift up to 20 pounds.
· Work Environment: While performing this job employee is exposed to normal office conditions which would include varying levels of background noise and normal office distractions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com by Friday, April 27th, 2018. Applications without a cover letter will not be accepted.