1729 Mount Vernon St
Mural Arts Philadelphia is a public private partnership dedicated to the belief that art ignites change. We create art with others to transform places, individuals, communities and institutions. Through this work, we establish new standards of excellence in the practice of public and contemporary art. Our process empowers artists to be change agents, stimulates dialogue about critical issues, and builds bridges of connection and understanding. Our work is created in service of a larger movement that values equity, fairness and progress across all of society. We listen with empathetic ears to understand the aspirations of our partners and participants and through beautiful collaborative art, we provide people with the inspiration and tools to seize their own future.
Annually, Mural Arts Philadelphia engages more than 25,000 people. This includes more than 2,000 who enroll in ongoing art and muralism workshops offered through our Art Education, Restorative Justice, and Porch Light programs; more than 8,000 who co-create our stunning works of public art; and more than 15,000 who tour our multi-neighborhood collection. Annually, we produce between 80 and 100 temporary and permanent pieces, which together tell an incredible story of Philadelphia’s beauty and resilience
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Process payments for all outside vendors and independent contractors
· Collect & process vendor invoices for payment
· Submit proper reports to the bank
· Print and mail checks on a weekly basis
· Maintain organized file for each vendor
· Collect tax information from all contractors/vendors/artists
· Work with MAP staff and vendors to settle any disputes over charges and follow up with vendors to ensure we are in good standing
· Track and issue all independent contractors 1099s
· Track contracted payments and hours for lead artist and assistant artists
· Scan contracts for PMO office
· Serve as Administrative Liaison to the Board of Directors
· Coordinate Meeting Calendar
· Prepare Board packets and attend quarterly board meetings.
Front Desk Support
Backup support to Front Desk Manager to handle front desk responsibilities including:
· Welcome and direct guests
· Answer and direct phone calls
· Accept mail/package deliveries and notify proper staff
· Order office supplies
· Ability to problem solve by anticipating issues
· Good general accounting book knowledge and math skills
· Reporting accurate and timely information
· Attention to Detail and highly organized
· Proficiency with Financial Edge and Excel a plus
· Deadline-Oriented and ability to work under pressure
· Take responsibility and ownership of assigned duties
· Excellent communication skills and ability to work well with others
· Time Management
· Self- Motivated
This position is primarily for an Accounts Payable Clerk with consideration for other responsibilities based upon experience and skill set of the successful candidate.
Position provides a salary ranging between $38K and $42K with benefits commensurate with experience.
Prior Accounts Payable experience is preferred.
Please provide resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 21, 2018.
Minimum Education Required