120 Wall Street
AFS-USA works towards a more just and peaceful world by providing international and intercultural learning experiences to individuals, families, schools, and communities through a global volunteer partnership. AFS-USA is proud of its staff who work from our national office in New York, NY as well as from home-based offices across the country, and its network of more than 4,500 volunteers in communities throughout the United States. Our staff and volunteers work in partnership to deliver quality intercultural exchange programs to adolescents and adults interested in coming to the U.S., as well as those U.S. citizens interested in experiencing life abroad.
The Human Resources Generalist will have primary responsibility for Talent Acquisition. He/she will also work with other HR Team members with regard to On-Boarding, HRIS Management and Benefits and will participate in other HR related projects and programs.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt regular, full & part time personnel, and temporary employees; identifies staffing sources, ensures the accuracy of the position job description, creates and places all position postings (in partnership with hiring manager), tracks recruitment process for each position; screens job candidates; coordinates determines the start date (in partnership with the hiring manager) of each new employee ensuring that all pre-employment requirements have been satisfied prior to the start date. Supports the hiring managers with regard to seasonal staff recruitment.
- Filters and responds to HR inquiries (verbal, written and electronic), as appropriate.
- Ensures compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment
- Manages pre-hire process and all employee orientation
- Advises Payroll of all regular and seasonal staff changes and maintains Human Resource Information System ensuring that all information in the HRIS is accurate and timely and processes HR transactions such as promotions, transfers, salary changes;
- Posts general employee information and health & wellness newsletter on Sharepoint.
- Respond to and complete all incoming and requested employment verifications.
- Prepares reports from the HRIS database.
- Participate in the development of and administers the Talent Acquisition process.
- Work closely with Finance regarding open positions, FTE reports, and staff departures.
- Ensure that all job descriptions are current, posted and linked to position and posted in the employee section of the HRIS.
- Monitors the performance review process and ensures that employee performance reviews are completed in a timely manner
- Conducts various HR training as assigned.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Works closely with the organization’s management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention. Provides HR Policy guidance and interpretation.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- B.A. or Associates Degree in HR or Business required
- A minimum of 2 years work experience in Human Resources – preferably in talent acquisition/onboarding strongly preferred
- Knowledge of HRIS
- Excellent written, verbal, organization and interpersonal skills
- High proficiency required in Microsoft Office Suite applications: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of principles and practices of HR administration
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with maximum discretion
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team and promptly follow up on tasks
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work with people at various levels inside and outside of the organization
It is the policy AFS-USA to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, unemployment status, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law) predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation.
Medical, Dental, HRA, FSA, Retirement Plan, Paid Holiday Days, Vacation Days, Floating Holidays, and more!
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Do you want to join the AFS-USA Team?! To apply, please click on the link. Please include your cover letter and resume in the application. No phone calls please.