Ubuntu’s Grants and Giving Coordinator will lead the writing and editing process for all grant proposals and reports. She/he will also help lead the organization’s strategy for soliciting major gifts and maintaining current donors. The job requires a pro-active project manager capable of coordinating complex actions amongst a team as well as an extremely high level of organization. Very strong writing and editing skills are a must.
What We’re Looking For:
- Someone who thrives in a fun, creative, and entrepreneurial environment—no day is the same at Ubuntu and you need to be able to think on your feet and find quick solutions to problems.
- Someone who is pro-active, who is always anticipating the needs of others and thinking about the next step.
- Someone who can handle multiple responsibilities at once and has the ability to prioritize and accomplish tasks efficiently and under pressure.
- Someone who sees the big picture, but also sees how the small details fit into that picture.
- Someone who doesn’t think any task or duty is “below” them and is always willing to jump in first.
- Someone who is eager to learn, engage with new people, and wants to grow as a person and as a professional.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Act as lead writer and editor for the majority of Ubuntu’s external written materials, including, but not limited to, grants, marketing collateral, and emails.
- Lead grants process, including cross-departmental coordination (between finance, programs, etc.) to gather relevant information and complete grant deliverables
- Support External Relations leadership in managing major donor relationships and making high-level solicitations
- Lead preparation for Major Donor meetings (circulate agendas, prepare materials, etc.), capture next steps, and ensure follow up.
- Develop internal reporting systems, keep historical records of all grants materials, and maintain current record of outcomes, deliverables, and associated documentation proposed to funders
- Prospect new leads and coordinate approaches to potential institutional and individual funders
- Maintain centralized writing library for the organization and codify org-wide writing and messaging
- Oversee donation acknowledgement process
- Manage and track all grants deadlines and ensure timely submissions
- Maintain Salesforce database with latest donor and gift information
- Support Chief External Relations Officer with administrative needs (maintaining calendar, booking travel, managing email, etc.)
- Liaise with Ubuntu’s accountants to maintain organizational financial records
- Support programmatic data record keeping
- Bachelors Degree
- At least 2-3 years work experience, preferably in an entrepreneurial/fast-paced environment
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, including excellent editing skills
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills, attention to detail, and follow-through, as well as strong research and analytical skills
- Exceptional ability to handle confidential information and projects with professionalism and discretion
- Capacity to work under pressure and meet deadlines; ability to identify and take charge of tasks
- Familiarity with Salesforce or similar fundraising database is a plus.
If interested, please email Sarah Baer at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume/CV and cover letter.