The paraprofessional is a non-certified staff member who does not hold the position of teacher, but assists the classroom teacher under the guidance of a teacher and the building principal. Sometimes paraprofessionals serve as teacher assistants, one-to-one aides (assigned to individual students) or they perform school-related clerical duties.
The paraprofessional provides appropriate and consistent service to students, helping to implement educational activities, as well as offering emotional, social and behavioral development.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
· Assists teacher in monitoring of students’ academic work and behavioral performance
· Contributes input during parent conferences
· Performs classroom and school-related clerical duties as needed
· Maintains accurate records; attendance, behavior modification points, lunch counts
· Cleans and decorates classroom; designs monthly bulletin boards
· Assists students during arrival and dismissal from school
· Supervises students while moving throughout the building, around campus and during assigned school activities
· Attends all staff meetings, in-services and orientations
· Participates in coaching when needed.
Other knowledge, skills, and certifications required:
Prior experience in a child-centered environment preferred
Full-time employees are eligible for medical, dental, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, AFLAC, 401k and paid time off.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates can apply online by visiting www.archwayprograms.org.