Provide direction and administration of The Coming Home Program, a program designed to provide a continuum of care to individuals released from state prisons and city jails. Oversee all program aspects including daily operations and administration, program and staff development, training activities, fiscal oversight, and coordination of multi-disciplinary service delivery for The Coming Home Program. Facilitate program evaluation and reporting. Serve as liaison to funders for the work of The Coming Home Program. Develop and maintain external relationships with community partners to facilitate bi-directional referrals and service coordination for patients. Work with development team to obtain sustainable funding for program. Develop and maintain standards for program services.
Role & Responsibilities
- Develops and maintains referral relationships with organizations and agencies working with incarcerated and formerly incarcerated individuals.
- Develops program implementation plans based on identified goals and set time frames.
- Carries out educational sessions about HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis, and the needs of people coming home from prison.
- Facilitates a supportive environment inside IAM for formerly incarcerated persons who are receiving health care from the clinics.
- Designs curriculum and materials for IAM staff training modules related to serving formerly incarcerated patients.
- Trains IAM staff to sensitize them to issues faced by formerly incarcerated patients.
- Works as part of a multidisciplinary team providing services to formerly incarcerated patients; coordinates with registration, medical, social work and mental health staff to ensure timely service delivery to patients.
- Oversees operations pursuant to short and long term goals, including planning, assignment of responsibilities, progress reporting, monitoring and corrective actions.
- Performs all functions related to the recruitment, hiring, supervision and evaluation of Program staff as appropriate.
- Markets The Coming Home Program within IAM and in the community.
- Ensures expansion and enhancement of patient services as proposed to Program funders.
- Works with Administrative Director and Grants Manager on annual budgets and ongoing expenditure monitoring.
- Provides for/oversees reporting to funding agencies, as required.
- Maintains patient/employee confidentiality in the management of information.
- Maintains all program files in central filing place with accurate, relevant labels.
- Organizes meetings and provides updates to staff as necessary.
- Develops and maintains meeting agendas and minutes.
- Participates in the development of research/grant proposals.
- Participates in the formulation of departmental policies.
- Evaluates the quality and effectiveness of program services.
- Works closely with the IAM's CQI/QA Department to assist in program evaluation, and ensures implementation of methods/criteria to evaluate service delivery.
- Collaborates in the development of a data collection and surveillance system.
- Collaborates in the design and implementation of quality improvement activities/outcome measures and other related research.
- Maintains a comprehensive tracking system of numbers of formerly incarcerated referred as patients, the referral source, appointment attendance, and participation in intervention activities.
- Assists appropriate staff in implementing program evaluations.
- Participates in research endeavors related to the patient population served by the Program.
- Bachelor's degree with at least five years' professional experience required. Masters degree in public health, social work, education, or related field preferred.
- Experience in management and administration of related programs and services.
- A self-starter who demonstrates cultural sensitivity, excellent communication and diplomacy skills, and a high level of organization.
- Has ability to visit correctional facilities, to work with prison personnel and parole personnel, and has familarity with the experience of incarceration.
- Bilingual Spanish/English desirable.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual Spanish/English desirable.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submit cover letter and resume to Susan.email@example.com