Details: The starting rate of pay is $13.25 per hour.
District of Columbia
The SC position is a seasonal, part-time position (not to exceed 20 hours a week) and runs from late August through early June. With limited exceptions, SCs will not be required to work when school is not in session. Actual daily and hourly SC schedules may depend upon individual school assignments. SCs are primarily based at their assigned school/s but will occasionally be required to attend meetings or trainings off-site. The starting rate of pay is $13.25 per hour. Completion of a background check and fingerprinting through DC Public Schools is required.
The ideal candidate is a flexible, team player with strong communication skills. This is a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about children, mentoring, reading, and/or volunteerism and who is looking for a part-time commitment.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Support day-to-day operations of the Power Lunch program at assigned school/s, including: preparing daily Power Lunch materials; supporting mentor and student activities; and assisting with general program and administrative duties.
- Encourage a positive working relationship with school administrators, teachers, staff and other program stakeholders to facilitate program delivery and enhance program support.
- Facilitate site-based program activities, book distributions, and special events.
- Assist with StoryTime events at assigned school as needed.
- Attend regular staff trainings and meetings.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or high school diploma plus two years of volunteer/youth management experience
- Experience with or demonstrated ability to learn how to use technology, including email, Google Drive, spreadsheets, and smartphones
- Strong work ethic and organizational skills
- Ability to travel between program sites and main office
- Experience working with elementary school students, corporate volunteers, and/or the public school system schools a plus
Minimum Education Required