About the Job: DreamCatchers is seeking a professional who is inspired by the opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of students. We are looking for a candidate who is organized, hard-working, and dedicated to inspiring and developing young people. The candidate’s primary role will be to implement and advance our after-school academic support program, working directly with students, tutors, parents, teachers, PAUSD district personnel, and DreamCatchers’ close-knit and collaborative team. This is a position that will start as a contract position, but is intended to lead to a full time employee position.
Schedule: This position would be a full time position with most hours during the academic school year) required in the afternoons and evenings, generally including the following hours:
- After-school program hours (typically M/W 3:00-8:30 PM, Tu/Th 5:30-8:30 PM)
- Daytime hours for school meetings, internal staff meetings (M-F flexible)
- A few half-day Saturday/Sunday orientation/training sessions for tutors
During the summer, the position follows more traditional work hours (e.g., 9 am - 6 pm).
- Coordinate and supervise DreamCatchers’ after-school program
- Collaborate with DreamCatchers’ small professional team to help maintain and grow Dreamcatcher’s community outreach, operations, and program management
- Co-manage communications with and between tutors, parents, and classroom teachers, and work to maintain trust with these groups
- Provide guidance and programmatic support to student-tutor pairs and to Classroom Directors in a safe and constructive environment
- Co-lead tutor orientation and training
- Help develop and collect metrics demonstrating organizational success
- Attend program and staff meetings
- Visit school sites to cultivate relationships with school staff and as appropriate attend classes to observe DreamCatcher students
- Teaching experience working with middle school and/or high school students; ability to connect with and serve as a role model for these students
- Classroom management and curriculum development experience
- Bi-lingual - Fluent in Spanish - conversing, speaking,reading,and writing
- Demonstrated ability to effectively coach and lead student groups
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Maintain a consistently high degree of accountability, professionalism, personal responsibility, and integrity
- Ability to identify potential programmatic problems, analyze issues, and seek solutions to strengthen service
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and with colleagues to manage and advance program and management goals for organizational development and growth.
- Ability to absorb new information quickly and to manage multiple projects while remaining focused on key priorities
- Demonstrate sound judgment and decision-making, entrepreneurial spirit, and a growth mindset
- Ability to take initiative, remain flexible in a changing work environment, and complete tasks efficiently
- Ability to connect with parents (mostly Spanish-speaking) and resolve issues with sensitivity and diplomacy
- Bachelor’s degree
- Teaching experience with math and/or English
- Working knowledge of Google productivity tools (Drive, Docs, Sheets, etc), Powerpoint, Salesforce, QuickBooks, Slack
- Knowledge of statistical methods for assessing programmatic success
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Compensation: Commensurate with experience and educational level.
Job Type: Full Time, Contract
Interested bilingual candidates with teaching experience should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.