115 Warren Street
YouthConnect is a program of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Boston in partnership with the Boston Police Department. YouthConnect is designed to address the unique needs of at-risk and high risk urban youth who are referred to the program by Boston police officers. Social workers assist in improving the youth’s overall behaviors and performance in school, home and community. Using YouthConnect’s four-tier service model, social workers develop and provide appropriate intervention and treatment strategies including: referrals to community based agencies, clinical case management, individual and family therapy, parental guidance and advocacy.
The Development Manager provides leadership and oversight of key functions and projects of the development and fundraising efforts of YouthConnect, as well as vital programmatic projects related to key data and performance measures of the program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Work closely with the Executive Director to develop and implement an annual comprehensive fundraising strategy that includes prospects, individual donors, corporations, foundations, and events.
· Remain current on best practices for fundraising efforts, guidelines and procedures used in the nonprofit sector to guide and inform the program’s development strategic goals.
· Enhance the marketing and development strategy for YouthConnect that works in concert with the larger efforts of BGCB’s Communications and Marketing Department.
· Create and oversee YouthConnect’s marketing and communication needs, including distribution of YouthConnect’s e-newsletter, print newsletter, social media postings, and collateral materials to support gift cultivation.
· Develop and implement all aspects of direct donor mailings, appeal letters, and other donor mailings as needed and in alignment with BGCB’s individual giving strategies.
· Research, prepare and manage grants through the entire application process; develop timelines and work plans as necessary.
· Maintain and expand foundation and other institutional relationships and revenues.
· Manage the Raisers Edge database to ensure that donor database is current and accurate in accordance with the guidelines provided by the Main Office Development Department, includes maintaining current contact information of local advisory board; entry of new program-based donors, friends and community contacts.
· Work in collaboration with BGCB’s Development team to prepare reports from Raiser’s Edge that supports YouthConnect’s fundraising strategy.
· Develop and support strategies and activities to ensure proper acknowledgement, recognition, and stewardship of donors.
· Assist Executive Director with communicating with members of the YouthConnect Advisory Board around key meetings, cultivation efforts and other fundraising priorities.
· Work with the BGCB’s Development team to acknowledge all gifts and donations.
· Assist Executive Director on special events, such as Annual Partnership Breakfast and cultivation events.
· Solicit and coordinate in-kind donations of holiday resources for YouthConnect clients.
· Perform other related duties as needed and directed by Executive Director.
Data & Outcome Management
· Manage the development and maintenance of the YouthConnect client database.
· Work with YouthConnect’s leadership team to strategize around the future data management needs of the program.
· Generate reports as needed that provide key programmatic information for all fundraising, marketing and community partnership efforts.
· Create monthly, bi-monthly, and annual dashboards for the program and each district/unit
Supervisory & Administrative
· Supervise, support and properly evaluate the YouthConnect’s Administrative Assistant position around daily tasks such as mail, faxes, copying materials, office supplies, etc.
· Oversee a range of administrative tasks that support the development functions are completed, such as processing checks, scheduling meetings, taking and distributing notes from development calls and meetings, generating acknowledgment letters, writing thank-you notes and other tasks.
· Manage all correspondence, internal memoranda, and reports. Maintain copies and organizes documents as necessary.
· Manage all in-coming telephone calls and emails to YouthConnect’s main mailboxes.
· Maintain the safety and atmosphere of YouthConnect’s public space.
General BGCB Expectations:
· Healthy Behavior Modeling – Teaching youth/teens the importance of living an active, healthy lifestyle is a BGCB priority. As a result, all staff is expected to model healthy behavior while working with our members.
· Inclusive Environment – BGCB values creating child-friendly environments, where youth/teens of all abilities can be successful and participate. BGCB expects employees to embrace its focus on inclusion of all members, regardless of disability or developmental challenge.
· Continuous Learning – Building the capacity of staff is central to BGCB. The organization encourages and requires that all staff participates in annual professional development opportunities that continue to cultivate their skills in the youth development field.
· Safe Spaces – Every staff member shares the responsibility for ensuring BGCB is, and remains, an environment free of sexual, physical, or emotional abuse.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 5 + years of prior development experience, preferably in non-profit setting.
- Prior experience with grant research preferred.
- Strong writing skills.
- Strong technical skills including Microsoft Office, Constant Contact, and Adobe.
- Experience working with database systems; preferably Raiser’s Edge.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong organizational, multitasking, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to travel throughout the community to attend meetings and events as needed.
- Sense of humor.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply online: https://www.bgcb.org/careers/