At Habitat for Humanity, Seattle-King County, our vision is to create a world where everyone has a safe, affordable place to live. We are an affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International, a non-profit, faith based housing ministry, named "Brand of the Year" in the social services nonprofit category for two years. Habitat for Humanity works in Seattle and King County to eliminate sub-standard housing and strengthen communities by building, renovating and repairing homes in partnership with low-income families.
After the merger of three local affiliates, creating one of the nation’s largest affiliates, we are moving into the future under a new leadership team and a Board of Directors focused on innovative strategic opportunities, growth and a rekindled passion for our mission. An affiliate of distinction, Habitat for Humanity, Seattle-King County has built more than 400 homes and served over 500 families in the county and builds over 50 homes a year Internationally, providing basic needs of shelter, sanitation and safety.
King County is facing a historic housing affordability crisis and Habitat for Humanity Seattle-King County is excited to build upon our reputation of excellence to help homeowners achieve the strength, stability and self-reliance they need to build a better life for themselves and their families.
We are currently seeking an Accounts Payable Administrator. This position is responsible for researching, organizing, writing and submitting checks, performing related accounting and compliance tasks, and general support of the Finance Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enter A/P invoices using Sage 50 and process weekly check runs.
- Distribute invoices for proper approval and GL coding.
- Ensure vendor invoices are paid accurately and timely, maximize discounts for the company.
- Review vendor statements for missing invoices or credit memos and work with vendors to resolve any discrepancies.
- Maintain vendor data in system.
- Review invoice aging reports.
- Update property tax accounts.
- Inform utility companies for closing houses.
- Maintain W-9 and process 1099 forms.
- File accounting documents.
- Deposit checks to the bank, including preparation of deposit slips and copies for accounting files.
- Accounts Payable reconciliations.
- Assist on other special projects such as fundraising events and duties as needed.
- Post electronic fund transfers
- American Express
- BOA Merchant Services
- Merchant Statements-Transfers Epayment Services
- Gravity Payments
- Wire Transfers
- Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time.
- Other duties as assigned.
Full benefit package to include generous paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance, 401K with company matching, short/long term disability, life insurance.
Minimum Education Required