50 Union Avenue
PART-TIME POSITION - 25 hours/week
Responsible for assisting with the planning and execution of activities related to the Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention program.
- Provide lead poisoning prevention education throughout eight northern New Jersey counties: Bergen, Essex, Hudson, Morris, Passaic, Sussex, Union, and Warren.
- Schedule and prepare for workshops and educational presentations.
- Assist program’s four lead poisoning prevention coalitions in coordinating educational campaigns.
- Initiate quarterly mass mailings promoting the program among schools and community-based organizations.
- Distribute lead-related Consumer Product Safety Commission updates to coalition members.
- Attend state task force meetings and regional lead poisoning prevention coalition meetings. Perform administrative tasks at coalition meetings (take minutes, assist with set-up, etc.).
- Distribute lead prevention resources and incentives at health fairs and parent workshops in the evenings/weekends.
- Handle other assignments as requested.
- Bachelor degree in Public Health, Environmental Health or a related field preferred.
- High school graduate required.
- Two years experience in public health or community health education.
- Experience working with diverse populations; public speaking skills.
- Computer proficiencyy in MS Office Suite.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
Marielle Natera, MPH
Director of Community Programs
Partnership for Maternal and Child Health of Northern New Jersey
50 Union Avenue
Irvington, NJ 07111
Submissions without a cover letter and/or salary requirement will not be considered. We thank you for your interest in working for The Partnership. Once submitted, your résumé will be reviewed, and if your background fits our needs, someone from our office will contact you for an interview.