Interfaith Youth Core (IFYC) has grown and evolved since our founding in 2002, adapting fearlessly to meet the complex challenges of 21st-century worldview diversity. We have gone from running interfaith youth programs in church, mosque, and synagogue basements to shaping a national narrative about the power and potential of civic religious pluralism while focusing on the society-transforming power of higher education. We believe in the essential contributions of countless religious and philosophical traditions that affirm the dignity and justice for every human being. IFYC affirms and supports work for racial equity and is committed to the transformation of America into the promise of what it can be but has not yet been.
At IFYC, we’re ever adapting and changing. We look for people who set audacious goals and love that one workday may not be like the next. We are serious about our vision of an America where people of different faiths, worldviews, and traditions bridge divides, work towards racial equity, and find common values to build a shared life together. We seek to attract and retain a team of staff comprised of the diverse identities we need to achieve our vision, including minority religious groups and people of color.
You are energized by the opportunity to support interfaith leaders in action! You are someone who thrives in a fast-paced, adaptable environment where one day will not look like the next. You are organized, love to get things done and have a reputation of completing tasks on time and with the highest-level of accuracy. You hold yourself and your work to a high bar of excellence and take personal responsibility for achieving your goals and supporting those of our colleagues.
• Processes payroll bi-monthly under direction of the Director of HR
• Supports recruitment processes by researching sourcing options, posting positions, scheduling interviews, managing interview exercises, and preparing interview packets
• Responsible for coordinating onboarding for new hires, including binders, setting up desks and scheduling orientation
• Schedules all orientation sessions and collects and processes all new hire paperwork
• Assists with the administration, benefit changes and planning of Open Enrollment
• Completes data entry in payroll system of new hires, rehires, terminations, status changes, and all critical and non-critical employee information changes
• Assists with off-boarding procedures and updates all systems accordingly
• Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions
• Conducts I-9 audits and maintain I-9 binder
• Processes employment verifications
• Assists with conducting audits of benefits plans
• Manages monthly bill reconciliation for all benefits
• Tracks all required signed paperwork including offer letters and performance reviews
• Assists in the planning and execution of IFYC cultural/community events
• Performs administrative and clerical tasks such as compiling new hire folders, filing personnel records and other HR related tasks
• Assists with the preparation of the performance review process
• Makes photocopies; mails, scans and emails documents; and performs other clerical functions
• Assists the Director of Human Resources with check requests and reimbursements
• Performs other related duties as assigned
• 1-3 years of professional experience in a fast-paced office environment
• Associates degree in human resources, business, or another related field
• Strong project management and organizational skills
• Strong competence in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel); willing to learn and utilize organization-wide constituent relationship management software
• Authorization to work in the United States
Preferred Qualifications (not required):
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or a PHR or SPHR certification
• 1+ years of experience in either payroll or benefits administration
• High level of religious literacy and fluency in diversity, pluralism, and inclusion
• Passionate commitment to IFYC’s mission of making interfaith cooperation a social norm
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent skills in writing, communication, and presentation
• Ability to multi-task and balance multiple ongoing projects
• Collaborative nature; flexibility and agility in problem-solving
• Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure while maintaining attention to detail
Compensation and Benefits: $45,000 - $55,000 annually plus free medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance for employee-only coverage. Those who wish to cover their dependents can contribute through payroll for dependent health coverage. Generous time off policies that include paid time off, floating holidays, fixed holidays, sick leave and paid parental leave.
Application: please upload your resume and share why you want to work at IFYC
Application deadline: open until filled
Location: preference for Chicago but open to other US locations
Supervisor: Director of Human Resources
The HR Coordinator position requires the ability, with or without reasonable accommodation, to: maintain regular attendance; travel to campuses across this US; work cooperatively with others; adhere to IFYC personnel policies and safety rules; sit and/or stand for extended periods of time; operate standard office equipment, including computers, telephones, photocopiers, and projectors; communicate orally, in writing, and via computers and digital devices; and requires close visual acuity to prepare and analyze data and figures, transcribe, view a computer terminal and other office equipment.
IFYC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of religion, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, marital status, or any other status protected by applicable law. Reasonable accommodation will be provided as needed to enable qualified applicants with a disability to participate in pre-employment procedures.
Interfaith Youth Core (IFYC) has grown and evolved since our founding in 2002, adapting fearlessly to meet the complex challenges of 21st-century worldview diversity. We have gone from running interfaith youth programs in church…