633 Parsons Avenue
Training & Satellite Manager
Reports to the Senior Program Manager
Local Matters, an Ohio-based non-profit with a mission to create healthy communities through food education, access, and advocacy, is currently looking to hire a dynamic, motivated individual for the position of Training & Satellite Manager.
This position will report directly to the Senior Program Manager. The Training & Satellite Manager provides overall leadership to Local Matters’ expansion initiatives. This role is a customer-focused position and will support and build the Local Matters strategic vision and mission. The Training & Satellite Manager will be responsible for the development, coordination and management of satellite programming and partnerships for Local Matters’ curriculum-based programs. This position is responsible for the training and ongoing professional development of external satellite partner educators. The Training & Satellite Manager lays the groundwork to ensure a partner organization can sustainably operate Local Matters programs and works collaboratively within the organization to refine and improve expansion models.
The Training & Satellite Manager will shape and manage all elements of the successful expansion of Local Matters programming locally within Columbus and Central Ohio, as well as other regions of Ohio. In addition, this position ensures the quality and skillful delivery of course content and maintains the reputation of Local Matters as a leader in healthful food education through the development and management of education training models for internal and external individuals.
· Identify and analyze opportunities for new expansion sites. Develop and execute implementation strategy for short- and long-term growth and expansion of Local Matters’ curriculum-based programs within and outside of Columbus, OH.
· Develop and refine overall expansion strategy for all Local Matters curricula, including initial process, roadmap draft and replication model.
· Manage and oversee expansion goals for Local Matters’ curriculum-based programs, including centralizing related goals from all Local Matters’ staff work plans.
· Manage and coordinate all facets of current and new satellite partnerships and provide online and offline support. Manage the coordination and ongoing support of all expansion partners.
· Connect, build, and maintain positive relationships with expansion host sites and partners. Provide regular updates and communication to each partner/site. Host annual partnership meetings. Draft proposals and agreements.
· Guide and support expansion host sites and teams in all aspects of hosting Local Matters curriculum and start-up.
· Promote and generate partnerships through online and offline engagement strategies.
· Manage expansion program budget, including but not limited to approving program income and expenses. Identify diverse funding resources for existing and future expansion.
· Develop plan for identifying prospective expansion partners and analyze feasibility for multi-year sustainable partnerships.
· Understand and monitor education and environmental policy where new and existing expansion work is located.
· Build and strengthen the Local Matters brand through skillful training of education staff.
· Develop and maintain an effective plan for initial expansion partner trainings.
· Develop and manage branded training guides and supplies to lead successful trainings.
· Coordinate and lead regular trainings and ongoing professional development of all education staff, interns, and volunteers.
· Work with the Senior Program Manager to ensure all expansion efforts are consistent with Local Matters goals and programming.
· Work collaboratively with the Lead Educator to develop and implement youth education curriculum trainings and support.
· Work collaboratively with the Director of Development to build the annual budget of contributed income and earned revenue, including identifying funding resources to support new and future expansion partnerships.
· Work collaboratively with the Communications Associate and Senior Program Manager to design and develop branded curricula, training materials and guides.
· Work collaboratively with the Communication Associate to develop media strategy to promote expansion work to the broader audience.
· Work with the Director of Community Outreach to stay updated on existing and developing policy and standards that affect program expansion areas.
Qualifications and Skills
· Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 3 years’ professional experience in a related field
· Prior success working for a non-profit community organization
· Prior experience with creating inclusive outreach and training, and in developing human resource capabilities
· Strong communication and relationship-building skills
· Dynamic public speaker
· Strong interpersonal skills, track record of collaboration
· Ability to think strategically/creatively and execute
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
· Ability to develop and maintain systems
· Willingness to work evenings and weekends as needed
· Ability to do regional travel, must have reliable transportation
· Spanish-speaking a plus
Compensation and Benefits
Local Matters offers the Training & Satellite Manager a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits. All employees are given support to be their best, healthiest, and most productive selves with each employee receiving a subsidized membership to The Fitness Loft, conveniently located upstairs from the offices.
Local Matters is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to Victoria Strickland at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until March 20, 2018.