The Safe Horizon supervised visitation program provides the setting for safe visitation between a child and his or her non-custodial parent where there has been a court determination that unsupervised visitation is unsafe or inappropriate.
Essential Job Functions:
- Under the supervision of the supervising social worker, supervise visits between non-custodial parents and their children;
- As needed, conduct intake interviews and assess families for participation in the Supervised Visitation Program;
- Assist in the preparation of reports for the court;
- Keep session notes, attendance records, and statistics.
- Attend internal and external meetings, trainings and workshops;
- Various other duties to be determined by supervisor.
Supervisory Reports: No supervisory reports.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skill
- Excellent interpersonal skills, be assertive and well organized
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently
- Knowledge of the Family Court and criminal justice system is preferred.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) strongly preferred.
- Understanding of the dynamics of domestic violence and other forms of victimization
- Experience working with survivors of domestic violence.
- Ability to work as part of a team while also independently generating tasks
- BS/BA Degree in a Social Services-related field or equivalent experience
- Approximately 4 to 10 hours per week with hours falling between 5 and 7 PM, Monday through Friday. Exact hours to be determined.
- To Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume
If hired, I agree to abide by all of Safe Horizon’s rules and regulations, and understand that, if employed, my employment may be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time, at the option of either the company or me. I further understand that no representation, whether oral or written by any representative or agent of the organization, at any time, constitutes a contract of employment
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply
Please follow this link to view complete EEO Law and complaint filing information:
Minimum Education Required