465 California Street
Room to Read is seeking a talented digital marketing and communications professional to join our San Francisco-based Marketing Team. This is a unique opportunity to invest your skills and expertise in making an impact on two of the world’s most pressing issues: global illiteracy and gender inequality.
As a key member of the marketing team, the Digital Marketing Associate participates in the planning, creation and distribution of content across Room to Read’s digital platforms, including website, social media and advertising networks. The Digital Marketing Associate is responsible for maintaining Room to Read’s digital marketing platforms. This Associate will assist with digital projects; digital marketing management, search engine optimization, internet marketing, and online fundraising activities, and oversees the effective operation of the organization's online marketing campaigns. The Digital Marketing Associate is also involved in the development of various strategies used for marketing Room to Read’s mission and audience activation and conversion opportunities online.
A strategic communicator, the Digital Marketing Associate also supports the marketing team and colleagues across the organization to develop high-impact content and storytelling for online engagement, lead generation, conversion, and stewardship. This position serves as the point person for maintaining and reporting on the performance of Room to Read’s online marketing initiatives and provides insight from Room to Read’s marketing analytics tools to help drive strategic decision-making.
As part of a globally-distributed team, the Digital Marketing Associate will frequently collaborate with our offices in New York, London, Tokyo, Sydney, Singapore, Zurich, Hong Kong and Mumbai, as well as our program-delivery teams around the globe to help us create real, lasting humanitarian change on a global scale. Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Digital Marketing Associate is based in Room to Read’s San Francisco headquarters.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintains site content edits/requests
- Maintains external reporting data, including Room to Read’s Global Impact Numbers twice yearly
- Maintains internal Key Performance Indicator (KPI) reports via Google Analytics
- Conducts data analytics using a working knowledge of KPIs and Google Analytics
- Makes website optimization & improvement recommendations
- Supports the development of new pages and page layouts as needed
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of and manages social media content, including handling post requests, scheduling and publishing content, and collaborates across Room to Read’s worldwide social media staff and external partners as needed.
- Leads weekly social media team planning meetings
- Provides social media performance insight and recommendations to social media team and marketing team
- Maintains Room to Read’s digital advertising accounts
- Creates content for ad platforms
- Maintains platform performance analytics, and provides performance insight to drive team planning and decision-making
- Collaborates with external vendor(s) on ad planning and content by sharing strategies and tactics for upcoming campaigns and expected outcome
- Provides strategic insight and recommendations to create or enhance campaigns based on website, social and advertising performance/analytics
- Provides creative input on campaign design, content and execution
- Supports the creation and delivery of content across website, social media, email and advertising platforms; this includes writing and editing a variety of materials
- Provides content production, copywriting and editing support across the team as needed, for Room to Read’s digital platforms, blog, presentations, etc.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree, preferably with a concentration in marketing, communications, or new media technology
- Minimum of three to four (3-4) years of relevant professional work experience
- Ability to quickly learn to use new social media tools, software and systems effectively
- Previous exposure to digital analytics or reporting tools, with experience in Google Analytics, Facebook Analytics, and AdWords Analytics experience preferred
- Experience in Search Engine Optimization and Search Engine Marketing preferred
- A proven track record of increasing digital engagement and driving web traffic, leading to conversions
- Experience using Google AdWords
- Experience in optimizing landing pages and user funnels
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS a plus
- Experience developing engaging presentations (PowerPoint, Keynote, etc.) a plus
- Experience working in non-profit communications, relationship management and/or fundraising
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Prior success working closely and building relationships with diverse groups of people
- Effectiveness in working or volunteering in a non-profit organization that is focused on maintaining high quality work and low overhead
- Prior experience in a fast-paced, growth-oriented global or regional organization a plus
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously and take initiative
- Ability to work under limited supervision
- Legally eligible to work in the United States; no sponsorship provided
Room to Read offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits. Benefits include health, dental, vision, long-term disability insurance, life insurance, commuter benefits and a 401K match. The non-monetary compensation includes a unique opportunity to be part of an innovative, meaningful, fun, and rapidly growing organization that is changing transforming the lives of millions of children in developing countries by focusing on literacy and gender equality in education.
Global Office - Main - San Francisco
To be successful at Room to Read, you will also:
- Have passion for our mission and a strong desire to impact a dynamic nonprofit organization
- Be a proactive and innovative thinker who achieves results and creates positive change
- Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
- Embrace diversity and a commitment to collaboration
- Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment
Room to Read is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
Minimum Education Required