Details: Commensurate with experience.
he U.S. Committee for Refugees and Immigrants (USCRI) supports people who have lost or left their homes. For over 100 years, the unwavering commitment of our leadership, team, network of service providers, and advocates has helped redirect the destiny of countless vulnerable lives. In neighborhoods, in Washington, and around the world, we break down barriers and demand justice for refugees and immigrants as they successfully integrate into new communities. We provide essential social and legal services to rebuild productive lives, turning tragedy into prosperity. We are a purpose driven organization with a mission to protect the rights and address the needs of persons in forced or voluntary migration worldwide and supporting their transition to a dignified life. To learn more about our work, please visit our website at www.refugees.org.
The Program Officer is responsible for providing supervision and guidance to program sites providing Home Study and Post-Release Services to unaccompanied children. The Program Officer is also responsible for coordinating all training and professional development activities across the network.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct weekly supervision of Program Officers overseeing Home Study and Post-Release Services;
- Coordinate and/or facilitate monthly training opportunities for program staff;
- Assist with onboarding of new staff to ensure they receive mandatory training and certifications as required by the funder;
- Provide crisis intervention support to program sites, may occasionally require follow up outside of normal business hours;
- Assist with monitoring program sites for compliance and adherence to program requirements;
- Provide ongoing support to program staff to respond to monitoring and evaluation (M&E) outcomes and alter methods to improve program results;
- Understand and comply with all policies and procedures of the Post Release and Home Study program and interprets them for staff, as needed; and
- Serve as the program lead for USCRI’s Training Committee and Learning Management System; and
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Masters of Social Work with 5 years’ experience;
- Demonstrated understanding and experience with case management, home placements, and child welfare;
- At least two years of prior supervisory experience;
- Clinical social work license is preferred;
- Fluency in Spanish is preferred;
- Excellent organizational, verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills;
- Strict adherence to time-frames, policy and procedure;
- Ability to prioritize duties and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team;
- Willing to travel a few times annually;
- Ability to effectively use technology to facilitate distance learning; and
- Must have dedication to the human rights of refugees, immigrants, asylum seekers and displaced people.
- Use of manual dexterity, tactile, visual, and audio acuity;
- Use of repetitive motion, prolonged periods of sitting, and sustained visual and mental applications and demands;
- Occasional lifting (up to 25 pounds), bending, pulling, and carrying; and
- Ability to travel locally and long distance.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
U.S. Committee for Refugees and Immigrants is an equal opportunity employer. We maintain a policy of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, domestic partnership status, marital status, physical or mental disability, AIDS/HIV status, age, political affiliation, genetic information, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Excellent benefits package.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a resume with cover letter describing your interest and qualifications with your online application.Apply for Program Officer - Post Release using the link below:
References will be required at time of the final interview.
No telephone calls please. Position will remain open until filled.