Details: $15 - $16 hourly
922 Vine St
Project Angel Food is accepting applications for the position of Part-Time Community Outreach Coordinator.
The Community Outreach Coordinator provides education and outreach to hospital discharge officers about the Project Angel Food’s programs and services, solicits eligible clients, distributes materials explaining the programs and benefits, explains enrollment procedures and discusses benefits to patient and hospital. The goal is to secure referral partnerships between Project Angel Food and local hospitals.
- Outreach to potential Project Angel Food clients through referring partners who may meet the criteria to receive delivery of medically tailored meals provided by the agency.
- Assist with the creation and implementation of specific outreach plans for Project Angel Food consistent with the mission and vision of the agency.
- Maintain community partnerships and collaborations throughout Los Angeles County.
- Responsible for reports as required, including brief narratives on every outreach contact.
- Work with a diverse population.
- Work in a multi-disciplinary environment while understanding the needs of all agency departments and how they interconnect.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong presentation skills, written and oral.
- Familiarity with public health issues in Los Angeles County.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects and tasks.
- Experience working with diverse populations living with serious illnesses including congestive heart failure, HIV/AIDS, diabetes, cancer, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and other medical conditions of Project Angel Food’s client population.
- Ability and desire to work and participate in historically disenfranchised communities.
- Reliable transportation with valid license, current insurance and good driving record,
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Available to work occasional weekends and evenings as needed.
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
Paid sick leave in accordance with Los Angeles Sick Time law
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluent in English and Spanish
Minimum Education Required