200 American Metro Blvd.
CHCS seeks a Senior Program Officer with strong interest in improving population health for Medicaid beneficiaries to support the organization’s efforts on the CDC’s 6|18 Initiative – a project to promote public and commercial payers’ adoption of evidence-based prevention strategies. The position will provide strategic and day-to-day management of CHCS’ work on the project, including the delivery of technical assistance to payers and public health agencies implementing 6|18 interventions. The ideal candidate will have experience implementing prevention and population health programs within the publicly funded health care system. Expertise in Medicaid payment and policy issues and experience working with state/local public agencies and CDC is a plus. This full-time, exempt senior-level position reports to the Senior Vice President and is based in the CHCS office, near Princeton, NJ.
- Lead implementation, project management, and budgetary oversight of the 6|18 Initiative.
- Deliver technical assistance to Medicaid and public health agencies, health plans, and other key stakeholders related to the implementation of evidence-based prevention strategies.
- Assist in the development of new initiatives that advance the adoption of population health improvement programs within Medicaid.
- Collaborate with CDC, the Association of State and Territorial Health Officials (ASTHO), and other external partners.
- Lead the development of external communications and dissemination products.
- Track project outcomes and communicate regularly with funders.
- Strong communication and writing skills.
- Knowledge of Medicaid and population health improvement interventions.
- Ability to problem solve, manage multiple projects, track deliverables, work efficiently, organize events, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize quantitative and qualitative information.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Master’s degree in related field (public health, public policy, health management, etc.).
- At least four years of related work experience in a state/federal government agency, health plan, policy organization, provider organization or consulting firm.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Strong desire to improve care for low-income individuals.
- Occasional national travel required.
Salary and Compensation
Salary is commensurate with experience. CHCS offers a highly competitive benefit package.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Rosa Novatkowski at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Population Health Senior Program Officer” in the subject line.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Rosa Novatkowski at email@example.com with "Population Health Senior Program Officer" in the subject line.