ABOUT THE ROLE
Please note: this role is temporarily remote until Fall 2021, when the Basta team will return to in-person work in our NYC office.
As a Career Success Manager, you will be the first line of support for a cohort of BASTA Fellows as they navigate their transitions into careers. As the lead for a cohort you will:
- Facilitate in-person and virtual programming: You will facilitate whole group in-person sessions and weekly small-group virtual sessions on topics ranging from identifying strengths to editing resumes to interview skills.
- Provide 1:1 coaching & feedback: You will meet with all fellows in your cohort individually multiple times across the program, providing individualized coaching & support based on fellows’ needs. You’ll also provide regular written feedback on resumes, cover letters, emails, etc. through BASTA’s “feedback channel.”
- Partner with Employer Success team to connect fellows & employers: You will be the expert on your cohort of fellows and will work closely with BASTA’s Employer Success team to connect fellows to the right opportunities & support their applications.
- Track & analyze data: You’ll carefully track each fellow’s progress through the program, collecting & analyzing data regularly to report out on results and identify areas for improvement.
On a typical day, you might:
- Lead 2 group virtual job search sessions with BASTA Fellows (via Zoom)
- Update an interview guide for fellows based on a question you’ve noticed fellows are asking consistently
- Provide written feedback on 6 cover letters and 4 follow up emails for fellows
- Follow up with a fellow about a particular job opportunity for which you think she’d be a great fit
- Have a 1:1 coaching session with a fellow who is feeling conflicted about his career interests
- Join a meeting with the Employer Success team to brainstorm ways to more effectively connect fellows to employer partners
- Prepare to facilitate a workshop session for BASTA fellows focused on interview best practices
ABOUT OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
You could be our next Career Success Manager if:
- You believe deeply in the inherent value and potential first-generation grads bring to the workplace and are excited to support them to achieve their career goals.
- You understand early career recruitment processes - perhaps you’ve been a professional recruiter, you’ve supported talent acquisition teams, or you’ve worked in career services at a college/university.
- You are excited to help grow a startup, know how to embrace change, and be adaptable and flexible
- You have 5+ years of professional experience
- You’ve worked with college-aged young adults
- You’re excited about our direct-service model and you’re looking forward to coaching young people in small groups and in 1:1 settings
- You’re a doer and a problem-solver with an eye for continuous improvement - you’re known for getting stuff done while also constantly asking if there’s a better, faster, or more effective way to do it.
- You have a genuine love of people and build effective relationships naturally. You listen carefully, are empathetic and seek to solve problems with people, not for them.
- You have outstanding attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and a systems-mindset. Finding the best way to keep track of details about Fellows is an enticing challenge to you, not a chore.
- You take complete ownership over your work, but you’re not afraid to ask for help when you need it. You’re also willing to jump in wherever you’re needed.
- You’re comfortable working in a virtual environment using communication and collaboration tools, including Google docs, Zoom, and Slack.
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience working with/coaching first-generation college graduates
- Experience teaching or developing and delivering training/professional development to young adults