DAWN Center for Independent Living seeks a passionate, dedicated and self-motivated professional to provide Support Coordination Supervision for our team. Successful candidate must be able to multitask and provide clear guidance, oversight and support to a large team. Job requires travel within Morris, Sussex and Somerset Counties and candidate must have a dependable means of transportation. Salary commensurate with experience.
The DDD Support Coordinator Supervisor provides oversight of all support coordinators on the Unit. The DDD Supervisor is responsible for ensuring the Unit’s adherence to all Division of Developmental Disability policies and procedures as outlined by the Department of Human Services. They must adhere to designated internal supervision plan and act as the first point of contact for DDD staff and partner agencies. Supervisors for this program share responsibility for the DDD after hour’s on-call phone line.
· Provide oversight of day to - day operations of DDD Support Coordination Unit.
· Supervision of staff providing Support Coordination to consumers and their families/guardians enrolled in the DDD System.
· Ensures compliance with all DDD/DHS policies and procedures. Periodically reviews and updates internal processes to ensure compliance. Updates Internal Standard Operating Procedure manual and communicates all changes and updates with staff in a timely manner.
· Periodic Review of case records and documentation (both paper and electronic) pertinent to specific programs.
· Facilitation of disputes arising from the provision of Support Coordination.
· Preparation and facilitation of monthly team meeting agenda.
· Assists administrative team with verification of monthly billing activity.
· Ensure timely distribution of consumer satisfaction surveys and track rate of return and results.
· Serves as a liaison between the staff, the NJ Department of Human Services, DDD local offices, Unusual Incident Reporting Unit and collaborating local agency administrators.
· Maintain collaborative relationships with federal, state and private agencies/nonprofit organizations that serve persons with disabilities.
· Attend required meetings including but not limited to county provider meeting, unit coordinator meetings, service coordination meetings and required trainings.
· Assist with afterhours call line support based on agency rotation
· Attend all internal staff meetings, trainings and in services as required
· Preparation of reports including but not limited to internal/external audits, performance reviews and corrective action plans as needed.
· Participate in program marketing events as appropriate
· Complete all DDD required webinars and trainings
· Participate in agency wide outreach efforts and special events.
· Assists in providing information and referral to consumers, their families, and the general public
· Provide statistical and other input for the development of annual and long-range plans.
· Participate in organizational strategic planning committees and or work groups.
· Performance of other non-essential assigned duties and tasks
· Knowledge of and support for the Independent Living Philosophy;
· Ability to successfully relate to and communicate with people with disabilities, their families, other organizations, agencies, volunteers, and consumers;
· Commitment to ensuring consumers and families are provided with highest level of service to ensure they are well informed and supported in the achievement of their goals:
· Knowledge of programs and services, benefits, entitlements and supports available to persons with disabilities, as needed;
· Experience with technology required. Expertise using Windows editions 8-10 including proficiency in utilizing: Outlook; Skype; Microsoft Word/, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher,
· Strong team player willing to take direction, initiate business activities and work with
management staff and peers;
· Self-starter able to work with minimal supervision/direction;
· Professional demeanor and presentation;
· Have strong and effective spoken and written communication skills;
· Creative thinker using sound judgment in workload coordination and in technical matters;
· Ability to organize work effectively and establish priorities
· Ability to meet or exceed deadlines;
· Ability to make decisions and implement activities impacting the organization’s well-being
Education and Experience
· Master’s degree (preferred), Bachelor’s degree (required) in a social services field (social work, psychology, etc.)
· At least 5 years of documented professional work experience
· At least 2 years of documented professional work experience as a Supervisor of a team
· Previous experience working with individuals with disabilities is preferred
DAWN Center for Independent Living seeks a passionate, dedicated and self-motivated professional to provide Support Coordination Supervision for our team. Successful candidate must be able to multitask and provide clear guidance…
Full time position, Monday through Friday. Mileage reimbursement is provided. Professional development and continued learning opportunities offered. Benefits include employer sponsored health benefits, paid time off, sick days and paid holidays.
Employee access to group rates for optional vision, dental, and life insurance benefits and 401k retirement plan. Job contingent upon proof of a valid driver license and proof of auto insurance coverage limits of at least $100,000 / $300,000.
DAWN Center for Independent Living is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Full time position, Monday through Friday. Mileage reimbursement is provided. Professional development and continued learning opportunities offered. Benefits include…
Fluency in Spanish preferred
Fluency in Spanish preferred
Detailed cover letter and resume required for application to be complete. Resumes must be emailed to email@example.com or sent via fax to 973-625-1942. No phone calls.