Reading Partners is changing the education landscape. We are a leader in working to solve the literacy crisis in our country by leveraging AmeriCorps members and community volunteers in under-resourced schools. Our diverse and expansive volunteer base provides one-on-one tutoring to students twice weekly, and our program is proven to help children master the reading fundamentals they need to unlock their potential as successful, happy and confident readers in school and in life. We host an AmeriCorps program that recruits over 300 members annually who are committed to a year of service in support of our mission. Our people are our heartbeat and our greatest resource; we are all passionately rallied around our mission to help children become lifelong learners by empowering communities to provide individualized instruction that works. Join our stellar team leading the charge to deepen our impact and expand our service. Watch this video to learn more about Reading Partners.
The high level:
Reading Partners’ AmeriCorps Program Manager (ACPM) is part of a growing AmeriCorps team collaborating to act as a catalyst for people to bring their best selves to Reading Partners’ students, communities, and teammates. The AmeriCorps Program Manager’s role is an exciting opportunity for an entrepreneurial and mission-driven professional who is passionate about National Service and seeks to take their professional grant management and training development to a higher level.
The AC Program Manager is tasked with supporting all Reading Partners regions and AmeriCorps grants, specifically in the midwest. This person will report to the Director of National Service and is an opportunity to foster relationships with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders, alongside the larger AmeriCorps Team.
AmeriCorps Program Manager - Member Specialist will work alongside the two other national ACPMs and greater national AmeriCorps Team (ACT) and will be the lead for 3 main functions:
- Managing the Texas state AmeriCorps grant at Reading Partners,
- Supporting all midwest regions and members, and
- Leading the team on member experience and engagement, including supporting members through the accommodations and grievance process
What you’ll do:
AmeriCorps Grant Management
- Partner with Reading Partners regions to ensure high quality grants management.
- Manage all programmatic aspects of AmeriCorps grant funding for designated portfolio, including all contracting requirements, creation and submission of accurate and timely progress reports, site visits and/or audits, and provide support for financial reporting as needed. Some support for non-portfolio grants may be required.
- Manage relationships with all funders in designated portfolio, relaying pertinent information to all parties including regions, the national AmeriCorps department, Accounting, and other stakeholders as needed.
- Assess overall grants management practices on a regular basis and provide suggestions for improvement.
- Collaborate with the national HR Operations and Talent & Equity teams to support managers with aspects of member performance management related to AmeriCorps compliance including documentation and file compliance.
- Support regions with National Days of Service
- Develop & facilitate AC trainings for staff related to effective compliant management of AC program
- Provide coaching and support to both AmeriCorps members and staff by mediating conflict resolution meetings between members and managers as needed.
- Work with the national Program team to develop recruitment, on-boarding, training and orientation processes for AmeriCorps members.
- Support the development and implementation around all member communications such as quarterly calls, newsletter content, blog posts etc.
- Co-manage the AmeriCorps Leadership Committee.
- Provide resources and answers regarding all AmeriCorps related questions throughout the year.
- Manage content for organizational databases and communication platforms to ensure it is up to date and relevant.
- Supporting the uplift and improvement the AmeriCorps member experience at Reading Partners
Partner with AmeriCorps team colleagues and other business partnersL
- Support regions and Director of National Service with national service advocacy goals.
- Build relationships across the national service sector with AmeriCorps affiliates and groups who will yield opportunities for Reading Partners and our AmeriCorps members.
- Represent the AmeriCorps department on national and regional check-in calls as needed.
- Assist the Director of National Service to determine attendance at (or coordinate regional representation for) required AmeriCorps state and federal meetings including all relevant commission events (calls, events, conferences etc.).
- As needed, provide administrative support to the AmeriCorps team with member recruitment, admissions, on-boarding, and off-boarding.
- On an annual basis, collaborate with the AmeriCorps team to review and draft new organizational policies and publish updated handbooks/manuals.
- Participate in AmeriCorps department weekly meetings, scheduled retreats, and team building activities. Some facilitation may be required.
Adapt to and Implement Initiatives in response to organizational and federal changes
- In collaboration with other members of the ACT, Reading Partners leadership and Regional Operations, and in alignment with federal and organizational policy, support COVID-19 related benefits and initiatives. Including, but not limited to: supporting members navigation of resources and benefits, communicating with and supporting regional leadership in their implementation of protocols, providing timely support and feedback to stakeholders, etc.
- Act as the first line of support and lead on member accommodations and member grievance resolution for the organization
Supports additional team functions as needed, including the identification and execution of special projects related to departmental priorities and goals.
How you’ll do it:
Drive for Results:
- Demonstrated aptitude for creating and completing projects quickly and accurately inline with all stated deadlines. Strong ability to prioritize, streamline, and design scalable systems. High degree of comfort and hunger in seeking out continual improvement for all systems, processes, and approach. Personal leadership and accountability - able to hold yourself accountable first and foremost.
- Ability to cultivate and leverage strong relationships both locally and remotely. Proven track record in providing great client service experiences, solving problems, and communicating effectively with all internal and external stakeholders. Develop close partnerships with Payroll Specialist, all members of the AC team, Talent team, benefits partners, and regional stakeholders to provide top tier service for Reading Partners staff and AC/V Members.
- Strong skill set in effectively leading an initiative with many stakeholders to fruition in a timely manner. Ability to motivate people with competing priorities toward a goal. Ability to take personal initiative and execute on key priorities.
- A passion for details, collaboration, and working with others and independently to problem solve. Ability to execute details quickly and to communicate effectively to a wide group of stakeholders. Professional organization and prioritization skills - can take a list of tasks and get them done.
- Strong aptitude for effective communication remotely and in-person with internal and external partnerships. Ability to set up successful systems for communication and messaging, tailor communication to audiences, and break down complex topics for a variety of audiences. High competency with written communication.
- Maintains a strong sense of calm during peak periods. Ability to rally others to achieve organizational goals. Strong ability to assess and address sensitive situations. A sense of humor. A desire to achieve constant improvement in all you do. A strong leader in cultivating a team environment.
You’ll be successful in this role if you:
- Have significant experience in grant management
- Have a strong commitment to service and support of all teammates and stakeholders
- Have a proven ability to provide strategic coaching and support to develop skills within others
- Are adept at learning new technology platforms quickly and efficiently
- Are dept at handling data and analyzing data to suggest process improvements
- Take initiative - both independently and in a team setting
- Are flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced environment
- Are interested in working at an organization amidst great growth and change
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree or 4 years of equivalent work experience
- Boast a deep belief in our mission
- Root your work in our core values
Bonus points if you:
- Experience with SalesForce, eGrants, OnCorps, and other ESS tools
- Have previous experience with AmeriCorps programs or administering an AmeriCorps program
- Are an AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni