Details: Not Listed
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Seeks a Public Policy Coordinator to join the Public Policy (Policy and Advocacy) department in Bethesda, MD. This position works in collaboration with and supports the Access Policy team and the Policy and Advocacy Department by providing substantive support on state policy research projects, project management, legislative tracking, internal and external communication materials, and administrative duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Executes substantive research on state policy and coverage topics, such as Medicaid and other state health care programs, with guidance from supervisor and team experts.
- Drafts memos and summary documents based on research findings.
- Provides project management support to state policy team, including drafting project plans, tracking progress, and reporting status updates to team.
- Assists with state legislative tracking.
- Develops access policy content for internal and external communications, including handouts, newsletters, presentation slides, and conference materials.
- Provides administrative and logistical support including but not limited to meeting scheduling, agenda development, special event preparation, training development, creation of materials, and conducting follow-up with stakeholders.
- Liaises with contracts, compliance, and finance department to manage team contracts.
- Applies content knowledge to projects and communicates content to relevant internal and external partners.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 2-3 years of experience in fast-paced work environment and strong interested in health policy preferred.
- Requires excellent writing, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Individual should be highly analytical, organized, conscientious, resourceful and adaptable.
- Team player with positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office suite, experience with Adobe and/or Photoshop suites a plus.
- The Coordinator, Policy & Advocacy, will report to and work in collaboration with the Senior Manager, Policy & Advocacy who, in turn, reports to the Senior Director, Policy & Advocacy.
Minimum Education Required