The Opportunity Passport Coordinator will be tasked with the day-to-day operation of the Opportunity Passport financial literacy and matched savings program in Mississippi as well as designing and implementing program improvements aligned with overall program goals. The coordinator will plan, organize, and deliver financial literacy trainings for current and former foster youth; support their enrollment in the matched savings program; provide ongoing coaching and outreach to participants; and support foster youth in matching their money to obtain approved assets. Key aspects of the role include building trusting relationships with current and former foster youth, teaching and coaching both youth and adults, developing and maintaining relationships with youth-serving agencies, keeping accurate records, problem-solving, and designing new and effective strategies to meet program goals. Some travel within the state will be required once health and safety conditions allow.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Conducting outreach to youth and adult supporters to promote participation in the Keys to Your Financial Future training and Opportunity Passport matched savings program
• Scheduling and coordinating Keys to Your Financial Future training courses, both online, and when health and safety considerations allow, in-person
• Conducting Keys to Your Financial Future trainings in an engaging, youth-centered manner that result in improvements to the financial literacy of participants
• Scheduling and supporting independent contract trainers in conducting trainings
• Training and coaching independent contract trainers
• Managing youth recruitment, training registration, and enrollment
• Communicating with youth and adult supporters to support youth participation in every aspect of the program
• Participant engagement activities including the following, at a minimum:
o quarterly check-ins with program participants,
o twice-per year Opportunity Passport Participant Survey administration,
o coaching and support around asset matches,
o social media outreach,
o developing and distributing relevant financial literacy content to program participants, and
o implementing additional strategies as needed to support continued youth engagement.
• Managing stipend distribution and asset match requests, including ensuring complete documentation and timely fund distribution
• Maintaining individual youth files that include comprehensive records regarding youth’s involvement in the program
• Providing support regarding grant and contract reporting
• Piloting the addition of a mentoring component to the program
• Building and maintaining relationships with other foster-youth serving agencies
• Establishing and improving program policies and procedures on an ongoing basis to improve efficiency and effectiveness
• Additional duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND POSITION COMPETENCIES:
• Bachelor’s degree in education, social work, business, finance, or a related field
• Experience working with youth or young adults in one of the following fields: program management, non-profits, social services, education, financial services, employment services, or a related field
• Proven ability to develop authentic, supportive relationships with youth and young adults
• Strong data management and computer skills
• Three or more years of experience managing a program or working within an organization providing services to high-need youth (preferred)
• Experience teaching or coaching youth or young adults (preferred)
• Experience as a financial literacy trainer or coach (preferred)
• Attention to Detail – Ability to work with high level of detail, work has high level of professional polish down to smallest details, documents and products are well thought out and clear, database is organized and up to date.
• Driven By Accomplishment – Clarity on project goals and the personal drive to accomplish goals, finished projects are thorough and delivered on time. High level of personal accountability for the quality and impact of work.
• Computer Skills-- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including MS Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint, Project and Outlook. Experience with database systems.
• Strong Communication Skills– Exceptional oral and written communication skills including the demonstrated ability to research, assimilate, and analyze information, compose engaging messages, and present data in a clear and inspiring manner.
• High Level Of Professionalism– A high level of professionalism in work and interpersonal interactions with both internal and external contacts, presents to others as organized, informed, and friendly.
• Decisive Nature - Well-honed ability to independently anticipate and analyze situations, define problems and objectives, recognize viable alternatives, and formulate rapid solutions, with understanding of the inherent risks and the implications of making tough decisions.
About First Place in Mississippi
First Place for Youth is a non-profit organization that operates in multiple states across the country, including Mississippi. Our mission is to help foster youth build the skills they need to make a successful transition to self-sufficiency and responsible adulthood. In Mississippi, we provide support to the Mississippi Department of Child Protection Services (MDCPS) through training, coaching, and data analytics and visualization. We also coordinate Mississippi Youth Voice, a group of young leaders with foster care experience working together to improve the child welfare system in our state through policy and practice changes. In addition, First Place operates the Opportunity Passport matched savings program for foster youth in the state and builds partnerships throughout Mississippi to support improvements to the foster care system.
The Opportunity Passport Coordinator will be tasked with the day-to-day operation of the Opportunity Passport financial literacy and matched savings program in Mississippi as well as designing and implementing program…
Please apply with a cover letter
Please apply with a cover letter