1997 Annapolis Exchange Parkway
QM Quality Matters, Inc. (QM) is a non-profit organization providing online education quality assurance, in part, through the application of quantitatively standardized rubrics. QM works across all levels of educational institutions to facilitate the improvement of online learning and the course review process. QM provides professional development workshops, certification courses for institutions and education professionals to maintain quality assurance in online learning.
We’re looking for a part-time (20 hrs/wk) Accounting Assistant to support our geographically distributed team. Candidacy for the position requires verifiable Maryland residency, and living within a 45 mile range of the Annapolis Exchange Parkway office. While the position is remote based, weekly trips to the main office are required.
You’ll work with awesome people when you join our team of super smart, kind, funny, gritty, determined, and optimistic folks. We work hard, celebrate victories large and small, and have your back through it all. We encourage you to tackle new responsibilities as they evolve. You’ll find a diverse culture of inclusiveness here, because it matters.
The ideal Accounting Assistant candidate will possess three years’ or more experience providing stellar administrative/accounting support within an educational environment. S/he is self-driven, comfortable working independently, possesses effective multi-tasking skills with a high attention to detail.
Preferred skills include virtual experience, wrangling the daily needs of multiple people and organizations, responding quickly to assistance/information requests and resolving problems on the fly. You meet tough deadlines and provide first class customer service via remote/virtual communications. You are highly organized, dedicated, and easy-going, able to quickly build trust through transparency.
Early career, Coordinator
Reports to Accounting/HR Specialist
• Assist the accounting department by providing routine accounting and administrative support, by effectively using computers and various software applications to complete daily tasks, including database management and data entry.
• Maintain physical filing systems, in person, at the Annapolis office (weekly).
• Reply to requests for information from both internal and external customers, forward messages/forms to appropriate individuals or departments.
• Assist with statement preparation (i.e. copying, typing labels, mailing, and distribution of statements).
• Coordinate and participate in meetings with skype and/or zoom.
• Utilize Quick Books and Excel to complete tasks including AR/AP entries.
• Follow internal accounting control systems and assist with audits.
• Build relationships and liaison with others, handling highly confidential, politically sensitive, or community related issues in a professional and ethical manner.
• Maintain digital document files.
• Complete new vendor registrations, respond to routine financial documentation requests, maintain vendor records including mailing addresses, contact names and numbers, and pertinent tax information.
• Complete material order requests and invoices.
• Complete QM USPS mail management, retrieve inbound mail from the QM Annapolis office, sort, open and forward documents to appropriate person/department following set procedures.
• Other duties, as assigned.
Salary and benefits:
• This non-exempt, part-time position, is scheduled for 20 hours per week.
• The starting salary range is $16.00 to $18.00 per hour.
• Paid time off including holiday, sick and vacation, on an accrual basis
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Requirements for Consideration:
• While the daily location for this position is flexible, QM is only able to consider applications from Maryland residents within 45 miles of the Annapolis office.
• Associate Degree from a Department of Education accredited university or college, or a minimum of two years’ work experience in a similar role.
• Regardless of physical location QM employees are required to be available to attend the synchronous core schedule of M-F, 10a-3p, ET. (exceptions at supervisor’s discretion)
• Knowledge of basic bookkeeping procedures, proficiency in basic mathematical skills; ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
• Virtual work experience with demonstrated success.
• Excellent organizational skills including ability to respond to multiple priorities, meet varying deadlines and complete tasks involving input from multiple participants.
• Proven ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Strong work ethic and a high level of professionalism.
• Must have access to reliable high speed internet.
• Must have reliable access to insured transportation and/or a clear driving record.
• In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to provide proof of both identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification forms.
Required Technology Proficiencies:
• Two or more years’ of proficiency with use and basic maintenance of computing devices such as laptops, Windows-based applications and operating systems.
• Two or more years’ demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Two or more years’ experience working with calendaring tools, and virtual communication tools, i.e. Zoom, Skype, and Google Applications.
• Ability to use 10-key calculator, familiarity of double-entry Accounting.
• Maintain a typing speed of 35 WPM and a 10-key speed of 140 net KPM.
• Demonstrated initiative in learning new software applications and virtual communication tools.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested applicants must submit a current resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Place “Accounting Assistant Position” in the subject line of your email.
Attach your word .doc resume and cover letter to your email, as one document, titled with your last name, first initial, and include an answer to why you believe that you would be a good fit for this role and QM (e.g., your strengths and major contributions that best describe your abilities). Please include where you heard about the position.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis and the position will close by August 26, 2018, (11:59 pm ET) or when 100 applications have been received, whichever occurs first. Early submission is recommended.
We regret that we will only be able to contact short-listed candidates.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to provide proof of both identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification forms.
QM is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce at all levels of the organization. We value and encourage the contributions of our Team members and work to create an environment where everyone can reach his or her full potential and achieve outstanding results.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identification or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. This policy applies with regard to all aspect of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.
Resumes, emails or applications submitted directly to QM managers, staff or after the noted cutoff date and time will not be considered. Upon submission of your application, you will receive a confirmation email.
Due to the high volume of applications QM receives, we regret that we are unable to reply to application status update requests. However, if you are selected for an interview opportunity, you will generally be contacted within two weeks of the position closing date.