1823 Five Points SW
The Center for Action and Contemplation (CAC) exists to awaken a more loving world through the teaching and practice of the contemplative tradition. Internally, we are working to create an impactful, modern workplace that is grounded in the values of the contemplative tradition that we represent.
As we grow, we are looking for an experienced Program Manager to shape scalable project management processes for the Production and Outreach Department. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to facilitate high quality production of programs across film, creative, publishing, and live events. You will organize and coordinate the successful execution of programs, provide strategic guidance to multiple project managers, and oversee the progress of operations for your teams. You will be tasked with bringing individual projects together into a comprehensive whole to support the organization’s mission over time.
The ideal candidate is an excellent leader with experience in managing staff across various disciplines and a track record of producing results on time and on budget. Because this is a new position, you must be ready to dive right in and develop efficient strategies, tactics, and systems that ensure all programs achieve the desired outcomes—ultimately to create transformative change.
- Apply structured methodology to develop and execute a comprehensive project management strategy to ensure the seamless delivery of CAC’s programming.
- Formulate, organize, and monitor inter-connected projects.
- Develop suitable strategies, objectives, plans, and processes to ensure program delivery.
- Coordinate cross-project activities.
- Lead and evaluate Project Managers (PM), starting with five direct reports.
- Develop and control resource planning and support organization-wide capacity planning.
- Manage deadlines, budgets, activities, and risk.
- Provide working-level support and oversight for each PM to identify and remove impediments, hold team members accountable for their commitments, and proactively manage risks.
- Assess and manage program performance using key indicators.
- Define documentation best practices for key workflows and processes.
- Engage stakeholders at all levels in the organization; facilitate effective cross-functional communication to support effective interdepartmental planning and collaboration.
- Lead internal adoption of a project management system; implement tools and training throughout the organization to reinforce this new system of management.
- Serve as a key contributor in CAC’s three-year planning cycle.
Why you’re right for this job:
- You have a genuine interest in contemplative spirituality and/or human development, and you’re eager to work in a mission-driven organization.
- You’re a certified Program Manager with a proven track record of managing multiple projects and project teams.
- You’re meticulous, obsessed with details, and you don’t let things fall through the cracks.
- You are an adept problem solver, anticipating roadblocks and risks and offering solutions.
- You know how to operationalize organizational strategy into program strategy and develop the plans and processes to execute.
- You are strategic and analytical. You know how to build a metrics-driven organization and support decision making with data.
- You apply the appropriate approach to understand and address problems—utilizing analytical, creative, implicative, strategic, and tactical thinking when needed.
- You can build upon already existing processes and programs, as well as develop brand new ones to support the strategic goals of the organization.
- You are an excellent leader who can manage yourself, manage others, and build healthy collaborative teams.
- You have a growth mindset, and you’re excited for the opportunity to be both a leader and learner in an organization that values humility and excellence.
- You do not settle for good enough but are driven to continuously improve upon the systems and processes that you manage.
- You have a highly collaborative approach. You naturally build strong relationships and establish credibility with leaders and employees across the organization.
- You are unflappable. You have high emotional intelligence and personal practices to ensure that you can show up with equanimity and professionalism to handle the complexities of program management with ease.
- You embody the CAC’s values of inclusion, compassion, open-mindedness, and teamwork.
- Project Management Certification or equivalent.
- BA/BS in management or relevant field.
- 5 years of project and program management experience.
- Superior project management, organizational, prioritization, and follow-up skills.
- Highly proficient in Outlook, Slack, and project management systems, such as Asana.
This job is on-site, in our Albuquerque office. It is a full time, exempt position. Candidates must be located in, or willing to relocate to, Albuquerque, NM. We offer an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. Relocation package is available within the US.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please use the link above to apply for the position. Please do not contact the organization directly.