184 Dudley Street
EXPERIENCED PROJECT MANAGER SOUGHT
Madison Park Development Corporation (MPDC) seeks an experienced Project Manager to join our active real estate team and manage several affordable housing renovation and new construction projects.
MPDC is an established community development corporation (CDC) that serves the Roxbury neighborhood of Boston with our housing and community development activities. Our mission is to foster a vibrant, healthy neighborhood that supports the well-being and advancement of the community. We carry out our mission through: 1) real estate development, which produces and preserves affordable housing, community and commercial spaces; 2) community action, which builds community cohesion through health and wellness initiatives, violence prevention, civic engagement and resident leadership; and, 3) Hibernian Hall, where we nurture the arts in Roxbury, presenting high quality theater, dance, music, film and spoken word.
Real Estate Development at Madison Park Development Corporation
Since our founding in 1966, MPDC has been a catalyst for the physical renaissance of Roxbury. We have developed over 1,400 units of affordable rental and homeownership housing and 90,000 square feet of commercial space. MPDC currently has several residential and commercial projects in development and in construction, ranging from the rehabilitation of occupied residential properties to new construction of commercial, residential and community spaces.
The Project Manager
The project manager will become a member of our six-person real estate department. At present we have both new construction and renovation projects in planning and construction. The Project Manager will report to the Director of Real Estate. They will collaborate closely with other team members, as well as with outsider contractors, community members and funders.
Specific duties of the project manager may include:
- Manage design and construction scoping for significant construction or renovation projects
- Select contractors, including preparing bid packets and Requests for Proposals
- Selection and management of various development team members
- Work with residents of projects before and during construction or renovation
- Manage project permitting and compliance with government requirements
- Prepare project financing applications and secure commitments by working with finance representatives and public agency staff
- Prepare and monitor project budgets, making timely adjustments as necessary
- Prepare requisitions for payment
- Oversee monitoring of construction, and
- Coordinate efforts with Owner’s Construction Representative to complete construction review and close out
- Work with asset management staff on transition of information and responsibilities post construction
- Other duties, as assigned
Our Ideal Candidate
Our ideal candidate is experienced and motivated to work on a range of new affordable housing and related community development and preservation projects. They will bring strong skills in many aspects of the work, and an interest in working with and learning from others.
We seek a candidate who has many of the following skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Planning, Business, or a related field
- At least three years of experience in affordable housing development or similar real estate development
- Knowledge of affordable housing financing programs, preferably in Boston and Massachusetts
- Some knowledge of permitting and zoning, preferably in Boston
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in use of Excel and strong financial analysis skills
- Commitment to community based planning and development
- Experience and comfort managing multiple tasks in a timely manner, and
- An ability to work well independently and with others.
Madison Park Development Corporation offers a competitive salary, commensurate with experience and qualifications, plus generous benefits. The current salary range for this position is $65,000 - $75,000 annually with a potential bonus. A candidate with significant experience including supervisory responsibilities will be considered for higher responsibilities and compensation. See www.madison-park.org for more information about Madison Park Development Corporation.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
The Application Process
Please submit a resume and a cover letter documenting your experience to: Zalima Oliver at email@example.com. Fax 617-541-5900. No phone calls or letters please.
Madison Park Development Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Roxbury residents, people of color and women are encouraged to apply.