DREAM (formerly known as DREAM Charter School and Harlem RBI), is an innovative educational and youth development organization, serving over 2,500 East Harlem and South Bronx youth in 6 schools. Through its network of rigorous PK-12 public charter schools and out-of-school time programs, DREAM connects youth and families to rigorous, student-centered academics, age-appropriate programs, and passionate professional staff in an intensive multi-year commitment to truly serve the whole child and community.
Reporting to the Director of Recruitment and Selection, the Recruitment and Selection Manager manages the selection process and life cycle of candidates, ensuring that candidates receive an exceptional experience from application through onboarding, and DREAM hires top talent with a diversity and equity lens. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is passionate about ensuring that we fulfill our mission for students and families by working strategically and tirelessly to hire the right people as quickly as possible across our schools and network.
Like all DREAM employees, the Recruitment and Selection Manager should demonstrate a strong commitment to the mission and values of DREAM and should have substantial expertise in all areas of responsibility. Candidates must also value DREAM’s comprehensive approach to education and desire to make a lasting impact in underserved communities as part of a growing organization.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage the selection of exceptional candidates through all stages of DREAM’s interview process for a portfolio of school- and network-based roles
- Develop and execute on recruitment and selection strategies
- Recommend, create, and consistently utilize systems to guide and track the effectiveness and efficiency of recruitment and selection strategies, in partnership with the talent operations team
- Assist in the refinement of selection guidelines, tools, and processes to ensure that all teams are equipped with the necessary resources to hire top candidates (including drafting selection processes as needed), with a diversity and equity lens
- Build and maintain relationships with candidates throughout the full hiring cycle, and strategically manage candidate relationships to ensure high offer acceptance rates
- Create and manage strong partnerships with hiring managers and serve as a strategic partner in selecting the best possible talent for their teams, including advising on job descriptions, candidate profile, and selection processes
- Create deep alignment with hiring managers to plan and lead recruiting efforts to ensure high offer rates, and collaborate to ensure high offer acceptance rates
- Analyze recruitment metrics and feedback from hiring managers to advise on improvements to recruitment and selection processes
- Develop and execute on talent outreach strategies to develop high-quality and diverse candidate pools for current and anticipated openings
- May provide functional guidance, advice and/or training to new team members
- Represent DREAM at public engagements, networking events, conferences, job fairs, and meetings, communicating compellingly about DREAM’s mission and model, and serve as a model ambassador for DREAM as a great place to work.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Teaching experience, particularly at high-performing charter schools, strongly preferred
- A minimum of 2 years of experience recruiting for a nonprofit or charter school network organization, preferred
- Excellent critical thinking skills, including the ability to connect the dots to anticipate and solve for challenges
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and effectively manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
- High standards for quality of work and a desire to improve continuously
- Ability to develop strong relationships and authentically connect with candidates, prospects, and colleagues
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Eagerness to work collaboratively to solve problems
- A deep commitment to DREAM, including the ability and desire to serve as the organization’s ambassador, including a commitment to talent practices that ensure diversity, equity, and inclusion.