Vacancy Announcement: Project Manager with Finance Focus
- Job posted by Biomass Thermal Energy Council
Details: Salary commensurate with experience, range is expected to be $48,000 - $58,000 plus benefits.
1211 Connecticut Avenue Northwest
District of Columbia
Technology Transition Corporation (TTC), the Management and Services Management Company of the Biomass Thermal Energy Council and several other non-profit associations, has an immediate vacancy for an energetic and self-motivated career professional to join us to fill a new project manager position. Already working in project management, or as a financial auditor, possibly in the energy or forestry industries, or for an association management company? Consider applying!
Technology Transition Corporation is an association management company with a specialization in emerging energy technologies. We assist organizations in growing markets and removing barriers for emerging energy technologies and sectors. We launch and manage non-profit industry trade and academic professional associations and for-profit ventures. Our expertise includes biomass thermal energy, biogas, hydrogen and fuel cells, environmental engineering, power system planning, and event planning. TTC provides financial management, accounting and reporting services, in addition to broad technical and management services. (www.ttcorp.com)
You have financial expertise and familiarity with government contracts, which is a primary component of this position. In addition, you are able to manage projects in the clean energy field, oversee the development of educational and policy resources and materials. You will report to TTC leadership and engage in frequent correspondence with client members, boards, client executive staff, consultants, and government agencies. Strong communications, oral and written, as well as the ability to multitask are required. If this describes you, you are the right candidate for management of TTC client projects that are partially or fully funded through government contracts.
Specific responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Provide financial project oversight and management in preparation for government audits
- Develop a two party agreement for roles and responsibilities on a multi-million dollar project
- Develop financial controls for financial management of projects in an association
- Engage with government entities by processing requests for reimbursements and supporting data
- Lead the development of indirect cost rates for clients with support from senior advisors
- Coordinate the annual financial review and evaluation of controls to provide adequate financial oversight
- Provide financial check-ups for associations, including cash flow, A/R collection, etc.
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR US?
This position begins at a project manager level within our company but it has the potential for significant growth into a senior management-level position within a short period of time based on merit and performance.
TTC is a small company of eight full-time employees with broad interests and backgrounds, bound together by our passion for a carbon/pollution-free energy economy and a cleaner environment. Our office is located in Washington DC’s Golden Triangle Business District between Dupont Circle and Farragut Square. We have convenient access to three nearby Metro Stations servicing the Red, Blue, Orange, and Silver lines. We manage clients whose main offices are in Washington, D.C, California and Pennsylvania.
TTC is open Monday – Friday from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm with labor hours sometimes to serve on California clients. Occasional weekend and night work and travel will be required in the position.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Among notable benefits, employees receive two weeks of paid vacation and 2 weeks of sick leave, fully paid health insurance, life and long-term disability insurance, optional dental insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, and SmartBenefits® payroll deduction for public transportation.
Level of Language Proficiency
ARE WE LOOKING FOR YOU?
This position is open to candidates with at least 5 years of professional experience in project management, consulting, and a college degree in Business Administration, Finance, or related fields. Experience in non-profit management is a plus.
This full-time position provides an excellent opportunity for individuals who excel in project management and have a strong interest in environmental sustainability, to combine these interests.
Qualified candidates must have the following attributes for this position:
- Communications – Exceptional verbal and written skills are required. The individual should be able to speak and write clearly to our client associations and partners in government agencies, for communicating work accomplishments, policy and position statements and project plans.
- Computer skills – Proficiency in financial accounting software (QuickBooks) is preferred. Proficiency in the MS Office suite (i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is required. Familiarity with Salesforce® and Constant Contact® are strengths.
- Interpersonal skills – Exceptional interpersonal skills are needed to work well in teams, to forge new working relationships, and promote confidence in existing ones.
- Excellent organization – The ability to multi-task and strive to achieve clients’ long-term goals while making sure daily requirements are met.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
HOW TO APPLY:
Download and complete the application from TTC's website and return it, along with cover letter and resume to the attention of Brian Schorr, Director of Operations with the contact information provided.