50 California Street
With general supervision from the VP, Strategic Initiatives & Programs, the Program Associate provides database, clerical and administrative support for the Strategic Initiatives & Programs Department. The major duties of this position include: data maintenance and research, reporting, providing cordial, timely and appropriate response to public inquiries, preparing spreadsheet and correspondence, and other routine clerical support such as filing, photocopying and faxing.
The Program Associate will report to VP, Strategic Initiatives & Programs.
Data and Reporting:
- Gather and maintain accurate data in LIIF database systems (e.g. Salesforce)
- Ensure timely, accurate and complete monthly/quarterly impact, work plan, ECE dashboard / grid, and other special reports, including service objective reports to funders (e.g. CARBON)
- Research external data sources and compile information to inform planning for program and fund development, such as industry accepted proxies for positive health outcomes for children
- Assist with special data projects such as conversion and migration of ECE data into new database systems
Program and Administrative Assistance:
- Provide grant administration and monitoring support, including follow up with clients on delinquent reports
- Completes a variety of clerical work for the team, such as producing reports from databases, expense reports, correspondence, faxes, copying, scheduling, distributing mail and assembling files
- Composes routine correspondence and responds via phone or letter to job related inquiries, or to requests for information from outside parties, using the general guidelines provided by manager
- Develops and proposes administrative procedures and works with manager to help maintain a smooth and efficient administrative process
- Maintains filing system, files and distributes documents and correspondence, and conduct annual file creation and archival of files
- Maintains calendars and logistics for the manager and ECE team meetings and events
- Organizes travel for staff including hotel, air and ground transportation and detailed itinerary
- Sets up meetings and special events, such as scheduling conference rooms and conference calls, tracking invitations, researching event sites and coordinating catering
- Create mail merge letters/labels for mailing
- Attend meetings to take minutes
The position requires demonstrated skills, knowledge, and experience in the following areas:
- Three year experience in a responsible data, administrative or clerical support position
- Proficiency in database systems, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Access and PowerPoint
- Salesforce or other comparable database system a plus
- Strong organizational and time management skills, and respect for deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Good verbal and written communication skills
EDUCATION AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
A Bachelor degree is required in a relevant area of study such as planning, business administration, public administration, public policy or related field. Background in child care, and/or nonprofits a plus.
We offer excellent benefits. See our website for overview.
Minimum Education Required