Reporting to the Associate Executive Director, the Development Manager will join the New Jersey Metro & Rockland County’s Signature Events fundraising team leading the charge with our golf tournament and our Cheers to our Heroes tasting event. Additionally, this staff person will work hand in hand with members of the chapter leadership team to have significant oversight in the development of our mid-level giving pipeline with an emphasis on stewardship of non-event donors.
As a member of the New Jersey Metro & Rockland County Chapter development team, the manager will help support other fundraising, outreach and stewardship programs and events as needed.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Lead all aspects of Golf Tournament event raising $240,000 – committee development and management, sponsor cultivation and commitment, and drive event attendance.
- Additionally, work hand in hand with Senior Development Coordinator to oversee all event logistics and communication.
- Partnering with Development Manager and Associate Executive Director, build and develop the “Heroes” Event Campaigns and lead the Central New Jersey Cheers to Our Heroes event to raise $100,000.
- Work alongside the Associate Executive Director and supporting the entire Development Department to identify key individuals and donors that can be cultivated to fill larger event related roles and/or serve as major giving prospects.
- Manage the stewardship and cultivation of a portfolio of non-event specific mid-level donors on an annual basis.
- Must be a team player who can achieve individual objectives and support those of the entire chapter team.
- Support and maintain the vision, mission, priorities and guiding principles of JDRF.
- Establish a network and represent the organization in professional societies/organizations.
- Serve as a key staff member in implementing the strategic direction and purpose of the Chapter. Collaborate with an outstanding team of local staff as well as national/regional staff resources to ensure the Chapter’s growth and success, discuss best practices, and share new ideas.
- Help develop and implement strategies for chapter fundraising activities to sustain continued growth, maximum penetration of core market areas and opportunities for expansion where appropriate.
- Identify, build, and steward relationships with community, civic and corporate leaders as an integral part of volunteer and donor prospect development and engagement in JDRF activities.
- Utilize social media to increase visibility and promote signature programs and events.
- Ensure personal accountability for meeting deadlines and responding to volunteers and other department requests.
- Three years of fundraising experience or relevant business/volunteer experience. CFRE a plus.
- Must be a self-starter while also being collaborative and an amazing team player!
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills. Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to interface with all levels of staff and volunteers.
- Significant computer literacy.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience required.
- Ability to travel locally required. Occasional evening and weekend work required as needed.
Minimum Education Required