123 East 14th Street
The Long Beach Region of Catholic Charities of Los Angeles, Inc. provides basic assistance with food, shelter, utilities, clothing, transportation, case management and linkages to community resources for the homeless and low income families. The Region is also responsible for two homeless shelters one of which is a family shelter to assist homeless families, pregnant women, the disabled and the elderly that moves families from crisis situations to stability. The second shelter is a sixty-to-ninety-day emergency crisis shelter for homeless single men and women.
The Region is seeking an experienced Grant Writer to support the development efforts of the programs and match the goals and objectives of the Region.
- Reviews literature dealing with funds available through grants from governmental agencies and private foundations to determine feasibility of development programs to supplement the annual budget, researches, organizes and writes grant proposals to support Regions;
- Obtain requests for proposals (RFP’s) issued by government agencies;
- Follows up with grantors to determine/monitor grant status;
- Responsible for researching, organizing and writing grant proposals to public and private funding agencies to support the various services provided by the Region;
- Discusses program requirements and sources with Director to work out details of proposals;
- Meets with representatives of funding sources to work out details of proposal;
- Writes grant proposal, according to format required, and submits proposal to funding agency or foundation based on deadline;
- Assists program personnel in writing periodic reports to comply with grant requirements;
- Maintains master files on grants and funding sources;
- Supervises guideline compliance and processing of all grants and contracts through the agency, including LAHSA and City of Long Beach applications.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Business, Public Administration, Accounting or related field;
- Three to Five years of related experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Experience in contract management, grant writing and strategic fund raising
- Experience working with a non-profit a plus
Knowledge to perform essential job functions:
- Knowledge of Catholic Charities’ policies, procedures, and organization
- Federal, State, County and City laws, rules, regulations and ordinances
- Principles, practices and techniques of grant research, writing, administration and interworking of funding sources at all levels
- Knowledge of U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development Rules
- Grant programs, application procedures and administrative requirements
- Grant accounting, auditing principles and practices as related to grants administration
Generous benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 12 paid vacation days, 10 sick days and 12 paid holidays, short and long term disability.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Simultaneously mail, email or fax resume to (1) Catholic Charities of Los Angeles Human Resources Department; P.O. Box 15095, Los Angeles, CA 90015, fax to (213) 251-3402, firstname.lastname@example.org EOE; and (2), Associate Director, Elizabeth Ann Seton Residence, email@example.com. Email submissions preferred, no calls please.